Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!

I'm Evil Monk, and I work as the Chief of Security for a 4 star Hotel in the Cincinnati Area.

I am a family man with a Wife (Domestic General) and a Step-daughter (Domestic Lieutenant).

I have served in the USMC ('04-'08) and have made two tours in Iraq with 1/6 (Infantry) for a grand total of 16 months "in country".

I recently got my CCDW in KY, and I have noticed a big difference in my outlook and level of comfort as a result. I suppose that some may view this as a bit of a crutch, or even a method of "compensation", but after carrying weapons in combat for a while, I felt rather exposed at home without them.

I never fired a single round in anger while deployed, but I can still see the need for a weapon even here in the USA. I guess it stems from being in Fallujah or Ramadi and reading internet news stories about the rediculous things that would happen back here in the States. I can understand war. It makes sense on a visceral level, but to see people in a land that has so much opportunity doing things that are so inhumane, I promised myself that I would not be a victim in the one place where you can protect yourself without months of training to do it!

Anyhoo, glad to be here, and I can see that I will have a lot of fun reading and responding to all the threads and questions posted by like-minded Americans.

Thank you for a site like this one!

-Evil Monk

:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kindly, Lone Star Stater!

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Humvee Gunner's from Tennessee.

Of course now he's my brother-in-law!

I...can't...get...rid...of...HIM!!!

;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Ram Rod!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Thanks for your service...:usa:

ret :31:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Thank you for your service and welcome. We have members from other countries as well.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you both!

Retsupt99, awesome smiley! Best one yet...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a bunch! I loved Reno and Sparks, NV. Been a while since I've been out to your neck of the desert!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you kindly!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.