Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But ends up getting schooled.

CCer: "But it doesn't mean i'm gonna freaking walk around with my gun like that." lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't know if I would say he was "schooled", but the claimed CC'er seemed to actually be the antagonist from just the context of the video.

But being that there happened to be a camera there and on, my theory is that there might have been more that led up to what we saw that is in the video, that was not caught on film or purposely left out.

Maybe the OC'er truly was the antagonist in this scenario had we seen everything that led up to this moment?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm with discoboxer on this. I highly doubt the 1 minute and 29 second video captured the whole exchange.

Regardless - OC or CC, we're all on the same side at the end of the day. The last thing we need to do is allow ourselves to be divided. We already have enough enemies as it is. :22a:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm with discoboxer on this. I highly doubt the 1 minute and 29 second video captured the whole exchange.

Regardless - OC or CC, we're all on the same side at the end of the day. The last thing we need to do is allow ourselves to be divided. We already have enough enemies as it is. :22a:
That's what I've been preaching from the beginning. It just seems pointless (and destructive to your cause) to be having this same argument over and over (and over) again. And now there will be yet another youtube video, which will do nothing but continue to divide us.

Guys, carry as you see fit, for whatever reasons you have, and accept that others have the right to do the same. And then just carry on. There's really nothing to see here.

·
Super Moderator
17,076 Posts
Myself I prefer to carry concealed and if I see someone OCing I may take a closer look at what they are carrying but it is senseless to try to challenge them on something that is legal.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I typicly OC but I find it dificult to CC a 1911 Gov.

Reactions: carracer

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I'm not a big fan of OC but I'm not really "against" it, it's just not really my thing. But I can't even imagine coming up to a total stranger to get on them for OC'ing.

·
Premium Member
7,794 Posts
I fail to understand why there is any "controversy" if you OC.

That's like arguing people should only write letters to exercise their first amendment rights, but they should not speak in public to exercise those rights.

So all I can say is...

GET OVER IT!

·
Registered
11,153 Posts

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
It appears the OC'er was planning to make a You Tube video since he told the CC'er he would be on You Tube. Other than that, I don't think it was "staged". This country is swarming with idiots. The chances of two idiots meeting like this out of happenstance really are not long odds at all.

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
Because someone was there to video it, it was all a set up.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I think the OC'er was trolling with his camera, hoping for a LEO confrontation. I don't care if someone OC's just don't make an issue out of it..

·
Registered
621 Posts
The guy claiming to have a CCpermit is an idiot.
If you are carrying don't pick a fight. If you know someone else is carrying, don't pick a fight.

Reactions: TN_Mike

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
im not against OC but i dont do it, unless im hunting. OC just advertises that you are carrying and causes alot of problems in alot of places. in Nevada you see it all of the time and no body cares, but here is PA even though it is OC state i have never seen it. im sure if I started OCing here i would be stopped to and i dont want that. i wouldnt want to be stopped all of the time by police or have concerned citizens making crude comments to me about it. if im CCing they have no clue i have a gun and thats the way i prefer to be.

in the video the "CCer" seems like he just doesnt understand why the other guy chooses to OC. i dont think anyone got "schooled" in it, just agree to disagree.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
...even if it was real, which I doubt...name me one other thing that it's legal to do in public that a person would go up to them and pick a snit over...there's just no reason to start something because someone else is legally different...it's rude...and provoking...

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
...even if it was real, which I doubt...name me one other thing that it's legal to do in public that a person would go up to them and pick a snit over...there's just no reason to start something because someone else is legally different...it's rude...and provoking...
I agree Snub44, but why the camera? Why the video?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts