Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods,i tried to put this in the right place.If it's not in the right place,or shouldn't be,i apologize.

Just some FYI for S.C. CCP Holders:

Immediate action is needed on your part to keep your rights from being taxed and your pockets from being raided!

H3822 has passed the House and is headed to the Senate.

The time to fix or kill this bill is now or never!

Remember H3822 is the "CWP" bill that was introduced this year by state Representative Mike Pitts.

What should have been a bill to expand the recognition of your right to bear arms in public was turned into a money grab by state Representative Pitts!

That's right! If H3822 is allowed to pass the state Senate, the amount you have to pay the State for permission to exercise your rights will be increased by 50%!

It is bad enough that the State expects us to pay in order to exercise our rights, but apparently Representative Pitts not only agrees, he wants you to have to pay more!

Make sure to call Representative Pitts at (803) 734-2830 and thank our "friend" for trying to put his hands further into our pockets!

It is also urgent that you contact your Senator immediately and tell him you expect him to work to amend Rep. Pitts bill or to work to kill it.

Tell him that you will never accept an increase in the so called "fee" to exercise your 2nd Amendment right.

Not only does Representative Pitts want you to have to pay more for permission to carry, he also wants you to pay a substantially larger penalty for accidentally carrying into the wrong place.

The current penalty for a violation of the CWP law is a fine of not more than $200 or more than 30 days in jail.

Representative Pitts wants to increase the penalty to a fine up to $1000 or up to 1 year in jail or BOTH!

Why should that concern me, you ask?

It is quite easy for a person who carries all the time to forget that they are carrying. It is also easy to miss a sign forbidding concealed carry in a business.

Call Representative Pitts today at (803) 734-2830 and let him know that we expect better out of our so-called friends!

Don't forget that it is urgent that you contact your Senator and tell him that honest mistakes should not be punished as if they were violent offenses!

You can follow this link to find your Senator and his contact information.

Thanks for your support!

For Liberty,

Denise Snelling
Chairman
Palmetto Gun Rights

P.S. It is URGENT that you contact your state Senator and tell him Rep. Mike Pitts' H3822 is unacceptable because:

1. An increased tax or "fee" on exercising your rights is unacceptable.
2. Non-violent accidental offenders of the law should not be treated like violent criminals by drastically increasing the penalty.

Also, contact Representative Pitts at (803) 734-2830 or [email protected] today and tell him that friends of the 2nd Amendment do not sponsor bills to do these things!

You can follow this link to find your Senator and his contact information.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I had heard they may increase the permit fee from 50.00-75.00,because they were so backed up with applications.This 50 % increase isn't right,unless,he has a really good reason,which i don't know what it would be.I'm going to try and find out.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The only good thing I see in this bill is the removal of the prohibition of having a gun under your car seat if you have a CWP.

It looks like the bill will also make every permit equal. Law enforcement officers and others who could carry anywhere with their permit would have to comply with the laws just like any other citizen with a permit.

I imagine that the goal is to eventually reduce the restrictions on places you can carry. This is an incremental step by taking away privileges to certain people so that all permits are equal.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had got the email earlier,just thought i would put it out.So far as having a gun under the seat,i've,never understood that..Seems to be a dumb idea to me,but,hey,whatever floats your boat..

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I had got the email earlier,just thought i would put it out.So far as having a gun under the seat,i've,never understood that..Seems to be a dumb idea to me,but,hey,whatever floats your boat..
I think the biggest issue with a gun under the seat happens when you go somewhere and have to disarm. Many people will use a small gun safe under their seat to stow the gun. In SC, that can make you a criminal.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I had heard they may increase the permit fee from 50.00-75.00,because they were so backed up with applications.This 50 % increase isn't right,unless,he has a really good reason,which i don't know what it would be.I'm going to try and find out.

If you think this is bad, you should see what armed security pays for their SLED cards. $110/year to maintain a SLED card allowing you to work armed.
$50 every 4 years for CWP is bad enough, and a violation of the Constitution even requiring a permit to keep and bear arms, let alone having to pay to exercise your right.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If you think this is bad, you should see what armed security pays for their SLED cards. $110/year to maintain a SLED card allowing you to work armed.
$50/year for CWP is bad enough, and a violation of the Constitution even requiring a permit to keep and bear arms, let alone having to pay to exercise your right.
It is $50 for 4 years, but this bill would change it to $75 for 5 years. Still charging you for your right.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think the biggest issue with a gun under the seat happens when you go somewhere and have to disarm. Many people will use a small gun safe under their seat to stow the gun. In SC, that can make you a criminal.
How in the world can a gun locked in a safe be illegal?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It is $50 for 4 years, but this bill would change it to $75 for 5 years. Still charging you for your right.

I'm aware. I'm a SC CWP holder, and SLED card holder.
SLED is yearly.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
oh, did I say per year? my bad. yeah, every 4. MI is every 5 if I recall. I wish ours was. I also wish the SLED card was, too. yearly blows. above post fixed for accuracy.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
One thing for sure,if the ccp's were to go 110.00 every four yrs,when it's time to renew mine,i'm sending 110.00.I'm sure,it costs SLED a little to keep up with all the ccp's.How much,it costs,obviously,i wouldn't know.
I've noticed some states it costs more,some less..It could be worse.I could be in Illinois.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I understand admin fees, but when the license reaches a point that it affects the ability of poorer people to maintain the right to protect themselves legally, it becomes an issue of control of the populace, and not an admin. fee anymore. That's really my issue with the cost increase.
It's the same reason "Saturday night specials" were banned back in the 60s. It prevented the lower class from buying guns, because those were the "cheap" guns anyone could afford. Politicians just labeled "poor" as "criminal element."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts