Defensive Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Many more to follow. As this bill gets more known it gets ugly. Why do they have to make these bills so complicated.
I'm convinced it's for one reason only: to ensure the average person gives up in exasperation trying to figure it out, so that the shady little aspects can get shoved in there and end up with the result those "in the know" want it to have.

I'm surprised any rights- or defense-oriented group would ever support these anti-gun, liberty-destroying bills. The only thing that doesn't surprise me is how all the liberty-haters are coming out of the woodwork on this one, to tack on all the most-loved anti-gun aspects they can. If they continue, I think it might well backfire, causing it to fail to pass the Senate for exactly that reason.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the problem with what CCRKBA tried is that i would bet that the opposition will do exactly what they did this time, EVERY TIME: that is, sometime after they have your announced 'support', they will remove or renege on those aspects which we wanted included, and why our side was willing to support the bill in the first place.

i hope this teaches Gottlieb and Workman's organization a lesson, and they don't try this again!

while not all of those who favor more restrictive laws are fanatics, there seem to be plenty of them among the gun-grabbers. since their cause is holy, (in their eyes) they will have NO qualms about lying and cheating to achieve their aims. they cannot be trusted at all.

if you/we want pro-gun rules and regulations, we need to write them ourselves and submit them on their own - not piggy-backed onto proposals that have originated with our opponents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many more to follow. As this bill gets more known it gets ugly. Why do they have to make these bills so complicated.
Thats the idea, tho more complicated it reads, the more government can interpret the law the way its wants, then the next thing your know the bill has to go to SCOTUS tho tell us what they think it means. Then SCOTUS will only go half way with a meaning and we still will not know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts