Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a question about the range qualify portion of the class. Are they judging it like they would at a competition or that you can just hit what you are aiming at? and any other advice on the NRA class would be appericated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No they just want to make sure that you can safely load, fire, and unload your weapon. At least that's what our instructor said. Good luck! And remember state law says your local municipality has 45 days to approve your CCL, but if you live in a good place like Va beach it takes maybe two weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i am only home on leave for 1 week. So it wont really matter how long it takes. I live in king william va

·
Registered
115 Posts
For a CC license in Ky., each applicant had to hit a full body sized target 10 of 20 times from 21'. Certainly not a stringent test, yet 2 in the class of 16 had difficulty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread I know, but if you are active duty, or a veteran with an other an dishonorable discharge,you don't need any classes. Just take your application and your cash to the courthouse and get your ccw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts