Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me and opinion where to go and take my CCW class in the Wichita,Kansas area?
Such as informative instructors and ease of class?
Thanks!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I would contact some of your local resources to start.
Bullseye Indoor Shooting Range - Home
Bullet Stop - Wichita Sporting Goods - Wichita Gun Dealers, Firearms - 360Wichita.com

That is so cool! I used to live in Wichita myself! You all got plenty of resources! I open carried in Kansas this weekend. Visited friends in Baldwin City, went to Lawrence, stopped in Fort Scott twice.........nice.

P.S. Welcome to the site by the way. Hope you stick around. Before, during, and after your process......the best site out there. Seriously.
Please post up in the new members forum to get the official welcome.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Check out and sign-up at KSCCW.com, great bunch of people and they regularly announce upcoming classes.

Welcome to the forum!

Joker1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quite a lot of instructors for the Wichita area

Took the classroom part of mine at the "Looney Bin Comedy Club" for real. Also, Ken Steadman (hitsontarget.com)for getting your Utah permit right there in Air Cap.
Like Joker 1 said..... KSCCW.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are going to get a Utah permit as well as a Kansas permit I will recommend Ken Steadman (hitsontarget.com). Ken does a Kansas/Utah combo class. If you just want a Kansas permit Bill Regina (SRT-group.com). Both are great instructors. Bill's personality made the class seem like minutes instead of hours to me. Ken's Utah class is a 90% repeat of the Kansas class. It is better to plan a head, save yourself some time, and money and do both at the same time, if you are so inclined. Ken does his part to keep the classes interesting as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just took my class over here in Greenwood county...Now its a waiting game...I was very impressed with the class very informative....Welcome and Good Luck..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Took mine at the Bullet Stop; the gentleman who teaches it (IIRC his name is Mac) was a longtime member of the law enforcement community and was one of the people who worked on the Kansas concealed carry law... was not the cheapest class but I was satisfied with what I learned.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Durmex, We're at a bit of a disadvantage since the KSCCW.com site is down however many of the members are on here and we'll see what we can find you pretty quick. However in the mean time Welcome to DC.com there is a lot of good reading here to help you prepare.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
I'll throw my hat in for Bill Regina as well. Click on Schedule for a calender of events.

Kansas City, MO is less than two hours away - another instructor here is Gary McMullen, Chief of Police for Weatherby Lake. He teaches MO and KS.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Trey is a good guy. You'll enjoy his class. If you can't make it check KSCCW.com for others.

GUYS.... KSCCW ... is OFF-LINE right now.

I'll PM you someone to email and ask... they have classes all of the time and are one of the best I've seen. He also does others.

·
Registered
236 Posts
GUYS.... KSCCW ... is OFF-LINE right now.

I'll PM you someone to email and ask... they have classes all of the time and are one of the best I've seen. He also does others.
Robert KS2A ramrod for KSCCW sent me this email today.

"i'll send out a broad email from the forum once it is online again. "

He expects by the 18th
"

·
Registered
717 Posts
Robert KS2A ramrod for KSCCW sent me this email today.

"i'll send out a broad email from the forum once it is online again. "

He expects by the 18th
"
Right now there is a page that says code error shooting random stuff into forum; and the 12.18 does not end till 11:59:59!! They were down as of five or so ago.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was logged in for a few minutes, just long enough to see if it was up and running, earlier today. So I'm thinking it's close.

They say most programmers make their first million by age 30 - first million syntax errors, that is... :image035:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts