Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to take the CCW class for my Kentucky license this weekend. The written exam was very straight forward and simplistic. On the other hand I was very surprised at how nervous I was during the qualification portion of the class. Many of the other students also commented on their nervousness. Kentucky only requires 11 out of 20 from 7 yds which for some is spitting distance. Needless to say I passed.
All in all it was a very educational experience and, assuming I passed the written exam, I should receive my certificate of completion within 10 days.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Family Man,
I am surprised the test wasn't graded and results given the day of testing. The test is painfully easy.

Welcome to Ky's CCW group. I was in "Central Ky" yesterday (Wilmore) shooting a 3 gun match.

Now, get a large box and put it on a shelf in the basement. That's for the perfect holster(s) that didn't just quite fit. Next buy a gunsafe capable of holding many revolvers and pistols (and long guns).

Now, have fun,
Dave

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Congrats on the class. :) The old lady just got hers and it took around 3 weeks to get word with another week before she could go pick it up. So, they are moving pretty fast right now.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
GoodSamaritan said:
Welcome Familyman!

Some of us Ky, CCwers need to get together for a range day or something.
That's not a bad idea at all.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I found taking the AZ course that I was nervous also. It was so easy I do not know why. Glad to hear it was not just me. I lived in KY 4 years. Great state.:wave:

·
Registered
9 Posts
KY sounds great. I know one retired KY state trooper who was very upset when the Brady people changed his state's gun rating from F- to F. Always the optomist, he is hopeful they will get their minus back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey familyman I got mine about a year ago,all my buddies kept talking about drawing smilly faces with their weapons at that distance
so of couse a little nervousness was at hand with me too.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Congratulations Familyman. Being a little nervous is good for you at times.

·
Registered
505 Posts
congrats i willing be attending my class on sunday the 9th and hope to have the same luck as you

·
Registered
9 Posts
snakecharmer said:
hey familyman I got mine about a year ago,all my buddies kept talking about drawing smilly faces with their weapons at that distance
so of couse a little nervousness was at hand with me too.
Serbu firearms (www.serbu.com) offers the option of "Have A Nice Day" engraved on the muzzle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts