Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washtenaw County Gun board met today at 0830. I called the clerks office at 1400 and they said it does not take long to issue after they meet. She took my name and my last four of my social security number and told me it had been APPROVED and was ready for pick up......hot diggy dog!!!! :banana: :danceban:

I turned all my paperwork in somewhere around the second part of MAY, before the board met then. So all in all, not a bad wait, but I am glad it is over....I'll be carring tommorrow!!

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Congratulations. Remember, upon heading out your first day, you must go to WalMart...

Matt

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Excellent news :smilez:

Yep - just the Wally World deal to do and you are set to go! :wink:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yeah,head to Wally Woild or you'll always regret it. While there bend way over and look at the stuff on several of the bottom shelves. Also reach way up to retrieve some of the merchandise off of the very top shelves.

Don't pay any attention to the gasps of the clerks(associates) named Bambi or Hey Dude. While there DON'T go over to look at the gun rags or to the sporting goods dept. and buy any WWB.

Stay allert and always vigil for people wispering and stareing at you. If you hear a very squeekie voice say,"security to the ?? dept.,take off running for the alarmed exit,run past your car and out through the vaccant lot. Hitch hike home and hide under the bed for at least an hour. Welcome to being>>> one of us. -------

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
congrats carry safe , carry allways .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.....you guys are something else.....but perhaps a detail to wallies world will still be in order.....

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Congrats. Pretty quick turn around. And no matter what you think people are not watching you. If you were BCurry1's avatar people would be watich you, but noone including the women would notice you were carrying.
:rofl:

·
Registered
302 Posts
:wave:
Congratulations on the CCW!:congrats:

Just like the above posters stated, it's time to head to Wally World.

BTW, like you, I have a Glock 22 then I got a XD45 Tactical. Wow, what a gun.

You're gonna like your new XD45 too, I'm sure!! :image035:

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Congratulations. While you are there buy a box or two of 9mm. What? Don't have a 9? No problem, that gives you an excuse to pick one up so you can use the ammo.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
RSSZ said:
Yeah,head to Wally Woild or you'll always regret it. While there bend way over and look at the stuff on several of the bottom shelves. Also reach way up to retrieve some of the merchandise off of the very top shelves.

Don't pay any attention to the gasps of the clerks(associates) named Bambi or Hey Dude. While there DON'T go over to look at the gun rags or to the sporting goods dept. and buy any WWB.

Stay allert and always vigil for people wispering and stareing at you. If you hear a very squeekie voice say,"security to the ?? dept.,take off running for the alarmed exit,run past your car and out through the vaccant lot. Hitch hike home and hide under the bed for at least an hour. Welcome to being>>> one of us. -------
Man, you're cruel ... funny but cruel! :yup:
Congrats on getting the permit approved. If you've spent any amount of time wearing your full rig around home it shouldn't feel all that strange when you go out and that'll help the "newbie paranoia" we all go through. Give it a couple weeks and you'll feel perfectly natural walking up to LEOs to strike up a conversation.
Jack

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone, it is nicee to be officially part of the group now...however I still have not made it to wally's world....going to do that this weekend...I did carry last night though.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the ranks Glockman!:35:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
:hand10: congrats, glad to know 1 more in MI is carrying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats! May you never need your weapon, but I'm glad it will be close to hand for you if you do!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok,

So all I carried yesterday all day and really did not do anything. I had to run to ACO and that went down without a hitch.

Today on the other hand, I went full boar! First we had to go to WALLY WORLD :image035:
I have to admit though, I felt a little nervious going in the door, once in though I just about forgot about even having my Glock 22 on me. From there we slid down to the HOME DEPOT, and then to the Sprint/Nextel Store, and then to another Sprint/Nextel store in Canton. From there went home. Over all it was a very good day, and it feels great to have my weapon with me where ever I go!!

Does this make me official or do I need to do anything else?? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts