Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently holding an Arkansas CCW and would like to know the shortest least expensive path to CCW's in states that don't have reciprocity with Arkansas.
I'm working in Alabama and am thinking about getting a New Hampshire permit as it is honored here.
Has anyone documented the best way to go about getting the most coverage available?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome Joe :smilez:

Nut sure what is best for price tho I seem to remember the NH is good value. I have a FL non-res which does IIRC cover about 20 plus states - but that is well over $100. I seem to recall too when I was travelling that my PA covered me for AR and IN but not many others at all.

I must see about the NH one myself.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Joe, I live in Alabama and I have decided that this is the route I am going to take. I have my Alabama CCW which gives about 20 states, but more important it gives me Florida and Michigan which don't accept Non-Residents permits. I am going to get New Hampshire which only gives me one state that Utah nor Alabama have, but for $20 for a 4 year permit it is worth it. The state it gives is Pennsylvania which is the state that my wife and I will be visiting in the spring of '07. I have found several sites that provide the classroom part of the Utah Non-Resident permit online, but it is pretty expensive. The site listed below has an introductory offer going now and is only charging $49 for the course. (I have no financial interest in the site nor the parent company, I just had requested that they let me know when they would be doing training in my area. When they started the online training they sent me an email) Then you have to do the paperwork, get pictures, fingerprint cards, and proof of an acceptable firearms safety course such as NRA basic pistol and send it along with $59 to Utah. The Utah permit is for 5 years. For me this will provide a permit for every state that accepts any out of state permits. There is nothing I can do about places like California, Maryland, Oregon, etc. that do not accept other states permits, but this gives me 32 states in which I can legally carry. With an Arkansas permit you would have 33 states if you got New Hampshire and Utah Non-Resident permits because Arkansas has South Carolina.

The site with the online Utah training is: http://www.utccw.com

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I have my Nevada, Utah and New Hampshire. According to packing.org that makes me legal in 32 states.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts