Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy was pulled over for spotlighting by a CO I think for suspicion he has a CC permit and he wasn't carrying because he was spotlighting! My question is if an officer runs your liscense plate does it show up that you have a CCW permit? The reason I'm asking is because the officer asked him if he had any weapons he replied no he didn't but the CO had him start pulling stuff from his truck basically making him search his own truck he didn't have anything on him! I thought that was wierd he wasn't doing anything wrong it's legal to spotlight for deer in Indiana but it illegal to do so with a firearm which did not have at the time!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I thought it showed up I becausemy buddy from Kentucky said he thought his showed up when his plates were run!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm guessing he asked since the guy was spotlighting deer and thought he might be hunting them which, as you say, is illegal. I wouldn't think it to have anything to do license plates.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My guess is he thought he was trying to shot some deer. Since spotlighting with a gun is illegal he was making sure there where no guns in the vehicle.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Why would someone drive around with a spotlight and shine deer if not to shoot them ? I'm just curious, I've never heard of that.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Why would someone drive around with a spotlight and shine deer if not to shoot them ? I'm just curious, I've never heard of that.
He might have been looking for trophy a buck. Locate it and then come back to the area to legally hunt it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
They did the same thing to us in South Carolina when we where spot lighting the area for deer. But just like you we knew better than to have any guns on us. In Florida it does when they run our driver’s license but I don’t think it does for out tag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts