Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to the website. Ran across it by accident. Anyways, this is my first post. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to some good CCW holsters for revolvers. I have an EAA 357 Mag with a 4" barrel. I'm a big guy at 6' and 320lbs, so holsters are a pain to find for me. I have a Crossbreed Super-Tuck for my Rock Island 1911 .45 Mid-Size and I love it. My big problem now is finding a good CCW for my 357. Any ideas?

All ideas are appreciated, ladies and gents. Thanks.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Welcome to DC! You might want to look at the Garrett Silent Thunder Solo IWB.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

As for a holster, that is something that only you are going to be able to decide on. Depending on if you want leather, krydex or a hybrid, there are hundred, if not thousands of options. I'd suggest you search through our sponsor listing. There are many quality holster makers listed with links to their websites.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have you decided WHERE you plan to carry it? (IWB, OWB, shoulder, etc) Do you have a preference on cant? (FBI, vertical, adjustable, etc)

If you'll narrow it down a bit, we can give better suggestions.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I carry revolvers everyday use mitch rosen workman, or milt sparks summer special also or owb I use hayesleather.com image.jpg

·
Registered
970 Posts
I carry a K frame in a Theis holster or a holster from Sideguard Holsters. I am pleased with both of them and find both offer holsters for a K frame where some do not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As for MrsHB's question. I'm most comfortable with a 5/6 o clock position and normally a 15-20 degree cant depending on the holster/pistol.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Pure Kustom Black Ops Pto. Works IWB or OWB and hav a multitude,of adjustments for ride height and cant.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Being that it is not a super common carry gun, I would look in your local area for holster makers who could custom make one for you. If you have a tandy leather, that is a great place to start looking for leather heads.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
FIST fan

Fist Holsters Multiple styles, material choices, custom options, reasonable prices. I have a file cabinet drawer full of holsters (can't bring myself to give 'um up). The last 6 are FIST's. Take a look.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Check out Galco's Combat Master holster. I have one for my old S&W mod 66 no dash four inch barrel.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Being that it is not a super common carry gun, I would look in your local area for holster makers who could custom make one for you. If you have a tandy leather, that is a great place to start looking for leather heads.
I agree.....standard leather may not fit exactly so a custom job may be your best bet for a perfect fit. Improper fitting could cause issues with your draw and other problems.

By the way.......

Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I have one of Nate Squared originals for my Semi & have heard good reviews (some from The Yankee Marshal on youtube) for them for revolvers too.
index

1 - 16 of 16 Posts