1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
This was in another tread

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only problem I saw was that he almost covered that little girl while firing at the BG. If that was me and my daughter on the other side of the counter, I would have reamed him about that. OTOH, I would have likely been getting away faster with my daughter in my arms than she did.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i dint like the fact that he shot so close to the lady and kid on the other hand cant belive when the mother see the situation she had time to get down out of the line of fire from the bad guy but sheepl you know looked like it was just another day to her she didnt even get the kid to the far side away from the bg makes you wounder what she was thinking if i was the guy behind the counter dont know if i could cofadantly shoot that close to her and the young one

·
Registered
71 Posts
The lady with the kid seen the BG and didn't move. That is her own stupid fault. Yeah the guy shouldn't have fired as close to the lil girl as he did but if you watch slower he was never in more than a 45degree angle of the line of fire. She was more indanger of return fire if the BG would have fired back.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
In MN that desk clerk would be in jail--the threat had ended, the bad guy was retreating, so by our laws regarding use of lethal force he was clearly in the wrong. Pure and simple a bad shoot were it MN. He'd be in criminal trouble, then face civil suit from the "upstanding citizen" he wounded.

Added to that was his stupidity in endangering that woman and child...it is not their burden to get out of his way, it is his to not endanger them. Even the muzzle blast from a .40 at that distance could injure their eyesight or hearing. Edited to add--this was a stupid move whether MN, OH or wherever; the BG was running away, as in retreating, so why endanger two innocents!

All in all this is not a situation to use to glorify CCW.

·
Super Moderator
18,107 Posts
I guess its a good thing that the shooter was in Ohio instead of Mn. The cops there called it a good shoot and charged the perp with aggravated assault.At least it'll be awhile before the BG trys to hold someone else up at gunpoint.

The perp might have fared better in Mn.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am glad that the BG got what he deserved but I don't 100% support the shooting. I do agree that a better thought of safety could have been used.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I watched the clip a few dozen times and these are my observations.

1) CCW did a nice job staying calm at the beginning of the altercation.
2) CCW did a great job moving closer to the perp, drawing his weapon, and THEN moving around her to prevent being seen raising the weapon.
3) My initial reaction was that he did not take due care or consideration to the child and mother...but after rewatching it I believe the camera angle may be skewing the perception here. If the camera was positioned DIRECTLY behind his back we may notice that he did indeed have a clear shot. Everything else he did was textbook...I'm not convinced he would have chanced shooting the child/mother.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Pretty slick the way he used the other clerk to cover his draw, once he had pulled the gun, he could not afforded a Mexican standoff with the kid there, I think the choice was to do nothing or to shoot, I am surprised the perp lived, his shooting was pretty good.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I disagree JimmyC

JimmyC said:
In MN that desk clerk would be in jail--the threat had ended, the bad guy was retreating, so by our laws regarding use of lethal force he was clearly in the wrong. Pure and simple a bad shoot were it MN. He'd be in criminal trouble, then face civil suit from the "upstanding citizen" he wounded.

Added to that was his stupidity in endangering that woman and child...it is not their burden to get out of his way, it is his to not endanger them. Even the muzzle blast from a .40 at that distance could injure their eyesight or hearing. Edited to add--this was a stupid move whether MN, OH or wherever; the BG was running away, as in retreating, so why endanger two innocents!

All in all this is not a situation to use to glorify CCW.
Are you saying because the BG turned and ran while he was being shot that action makes it wrong? If the clerk had followed him out of the place and chased him shooting then yes he would be in trouble. But shooting at him in the store, bank, motel, whatever it is I don't think puts him in trouble. The BG could turn and shoot at any time during his escape thus the treat remained active IMHO. The clerk stopped shooting when the BG exited the office, in-other-words when the treat ended.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am glad so many here would have been so calm and thoughtful under this kind of stress. Hindsight is Twenty/Twenty. We can critique and criticize all we want in hindsight. I think the young man did an admirable job under the circumstances.

·
Registered
529 Posts
clt46910 said:
I am glad so many here would have been so calm and thoughtful under this kind of stress. Hindsight is Twenty/Twenty. We can critique and criticize all we want in hindsight. I think the young man did an admirable job under the circumstances.

Very well said.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I Like that Song :biggrin2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I say bravo. Give that man an award.

First off, it is the BG who initiated the whole incident. If anybody but the BG had been hurt, it would still be on the BG. Nobody knows if the BG would have turned around and killed everyone, if the GG had not shot him. The clerk used concealment to draw, then engaged the BG, who appeared to fire first (though my video was choppy) and the clerk returned fire while the BG was still in the lobby.

Plus, the song was pretty cool too.

Now that mom, she didn't appear to be the brightest bulb in the pack.

All things considered, I thought it was well done.

Shooter429

·
Banned
81 Posts
What the heck was wrong with the mom? Some BG comes in to rob the place and she just hangs around like nothing is happening, not even picking up her kid and moving to the far end or the counter. That woman is an idiot and her kid is probably going to be hearing impaired from the clerks gun going off 3 times so close to her little ears.

·
Registered
552 Posts
i didnt say he didnt do the right thing i said i dont think i could have confadantly shot that close to a mother n child now a year and some more training i might be that comfortable but not now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts