Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little trouble finding someone to train me so I can get my CCW. Does anyone know of a certified instructor for utah?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Kurt,

One of guys on THR is IIRC an instructor but forget his location right now. He puts it as SLC but, I think it may be just outside. If any good I could contact him to ask if I can pass on his contact info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chris. I would appreciate that. I found a list of certified instructors from the state but that doesn't tell me how skilled they are. Just that can they teach me the material. I am kind of hoping to get a two for out of the deal and get some really good handgun shooting instruction as well as meeting the states requirements for instruction.

Maybe I shouldn't worry about that and just get the training. I kind of have this mentality though that you should do your best to do it right the first time, and I think I would do well to have some high quality instruction.

Anyway, any help would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Kurt - I'll drop you a PM with some info

·
Registered
940 Posts
Remember that Utah doesn't require you to shoot.

Most of the instructors I've met go through the bare minimum to get you the permit legally and the rest is up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts