Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have legal "insurance" through Texas Law Shield.

Anybody have experience with CCWSAFE? On paper, it appears to be a better program, and less expensive.

Thanks!

:blink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've done some (medical) legal consulting for the attorneys that own CCW Safe... They are intense, gun-owning, hardcore individuals who are serious about gun rights and are damn good lawyers. When I finally get my CCW that's going to be my first move. They have yet to get a real 'shoot' case (just a couple of folks needing help with their CCW, etc) but I could tell by talking to them a few months back they're itching to 'get into the fight' and help one of their clients... Gonna get a membership for me and the wife. MONEY WELL SPENT.

·
Registered
11,494 Posts
Just heard a Satellite radio ad for these guys on the Mark Levine Show. Then I looked them up when I got home. This actually seems like a pretty good deal and a very good idea.

I think we might get the dual membership for my wife and I.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a membership with them and have talked to them a couple of times. I've never had to use them and hope I never do but seems to be a good thing to have.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Just heard the ad for the first time myself on Sirius NASCAR radio. Surprised there isn't more feedback here one way or the other, unless they are a new service. Very intriguing to say the least. Could end up being money well spent. Seems like an insurance of sorts that includes legal counsell. Like any insurance, I hope I would never need it, and I'm sure that's how they make their money. But if its a legit service, seems like a wise choice for those who couldn't otherwise afford good defense in those situations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just heard the ad for the first time myself on Sirius NASCAR radio. Surprised there isn't more feedback here one way or the other, unless they are a new service. Very intriguing to say the least. Could end up being money well spent. Seems like an insurance of sorts that includes legal counsell. Like any insurance, I hope I would never need it, and I'm sure that's how they make their money. But if its a legit service, seems like a wise choice for those who couldn't otherwise afford good defense in those situations.
Important to note that it is not insurance (as stated on their FAQ). They provide legal representation through all phases, but they do not cover/pay for any civil or criminal judgements that may be levied against you.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Important to note that it is not insurance (as stated on their FAQ). They provide legal representation through all phases, but they do not cover/pay for any civil or criminal judgements that may be levied against you.
Good point. But even if it covered just legal fees it could be a huge savings. And if the shooting is ruled justified, any other penalties wouldn't likely apply.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just because the shooting may be justified and you are not found guilty in CRIMINAL court, does not mean the family or related parties of the victim can't take you to CIVIL court. More than likely they will and you may have to pay for some sort of damages or loss. I am not a lawyer however and I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just because the shooting may be justified and you are not found guilty in CRIMINAL court, does not mean the family or related parties of the victim can't take you to CIVIL court. More than likely they will and you may have to pay for some sort of damages or loss. I am not a lawyer however and I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true in FL. If the shooting is found to be justified you are immune for any civil Acton.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
That may be on purpose, or rather not a bad thing for many people. If there is insurance money available you are more likely to get sued than if just your legal bills are paid for. Absence of an obese hogs posterior to be cut by trial atorneys reduces their willingness to take frivolous cases, because there is no incentive to settle.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Every state has some sort of "insurance commissioner." It might be worth making some inquiries to these folks to
find out if the company is lawfully operating as an insurance company. If they are, then you can proceed to decide
if the premiums are worth the potential benefits and services.

Reactions: drbald1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not true in FL. If the shooting is found to be justified you are immune for any civil Acton.
I didn't know that. I read in another thread that Texas is the same way. Here in South Dakota I'm not sure it's that way. I guess a little research may be in order to learn how your respective state does things.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Kentucky is the same way, but I know not all states are like that. Look at OJ. He was found guilty but still lost the civil suit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Since Texas Law Shield was mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I'll add that I've been a member of TLS for a few years and have been impressed with them. They provide excellent educational seminars and in conversations with some of the attorneys involved, they seem to be very committed to supporting the legitimate ownership and use of firearms. CCWsafe may be just as good, not as good, or better. I'll be checking them out. But I wanted to put in a good word for Texas Law Shield. I've learned a lot from them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't know that. I read in another thread that Texas is the same way. Here in South Dakota I'm not sure it's that way. I guess a little research may be in order to learn how your respective state does things.
Michigan either. Has pretty much the same law as Florida.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like TLS but good to see another group come along as an alternative. CCWSafe sounds good and telling us all the right things but just got a natural distrust for lawyers. Also I'm not sure about what is meant by "provide" from their statement from the web page: "If our members are involved in a use of force incident we provide the best defense attorneys in the U.S., expert witnesses, and investigators specially trained in use of force lawsuits and investigations." Does it mean referals or cover all costs or??? I do like the fact that they're also engaged with their clients on the Civil as well as the Criminal side of a shooting/.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts