1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Sometimes when I see my bill it's "STUNNING"

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I'd hate to make the mistake of which is the phone and which is the stunner!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a gun-shy (not gun-hater) spouse who I was thinking could carry this in her purse or diaper bag. I already gave her pepper spray but I was thinking this could be something else she could carry.

Anyone first hand experience? Any other suggestions for stun guns/tasers? Obviously, cost is an issue. If it's going to cost the same as a gun, you can guess which I'd buy.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I told my wife and daughter that would be a good "Open Carry" option for them. Normal stun guns would be in their purse's or just too attention drawing if on belt.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these?

I have a gun-shy (not gun-hater) spouse who I was thinking could carry this in her purse or diaper bag. I already gave her pepper spray but I was thinking this could be something else she could carry.

Anyone first hand experience? Any other suggestions for stun guns/tasers? Obviously, cost is an issue. If it's going to cost the same as a gun, you can guess which I'd buy.

I have a little experience with products like these. Now all this is strictly in my opinion from my experiences. One of these would play a perfect role in a persons "defensive toolbox" if you will. I bought a pen knife and lipstick pepper spray for my Fiance. IMHO the stun gun not be the only option which I see she has pepper spray which I commend you for. I would suggest some form of a spray for her to have on her person at all times and a unit soly for her purse. Add some form of a last ditch knife and whtever else you feel necessary. (maybe a flashlight with good lumin outage) And there you have a rather well layered defense.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Too bad stun guns are not legal in the Pineapple state of NY. I was in Virginia the other day and visited an amazing gun store that carried stun guns. One stun gun was disguised as a pen! At present, since my wife has not applied for a CCW license, I did however manage to convice her to carry pepper spray. There are plenty of BGs out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife hase been carrying a cellphone/stungun for a couple of years now and has never had anyone question it. The one she has looks like a Nokia phone that was out about five years ago. A couple of weeks ago, on the morning of a gun show, I tested it out and it just kind of spuddered a little and died. I just charged it the night before so I know it was fully charged and malfunctioning.
We have spoken about getting her a concealment license so she can carry a gun but I don't think she has the mindset for it right now.
I bought her the exact one she had before for $40. The same price as the last one was then.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have a little experience with products like these. Now all this is strictly in my opinion from my experiences. One of these would play a perfect role in a persons "defensive toolbox" if you will. I bought a pen knife and lipstick pepper spray for my Fiance. IMHO the stun gun not be the only option which I see she has pepper spray which I commend you for. I would suggest some form of a spray for her to have on her person at all times and a unit soly for her purse. Add some form of a last ditch knife and whtever else you feel necessary. (maybe a flashlight with good lumin outage) And there you have a rather well layered defense.
Thanks for the feed back. I did give her a folding pocket knife that I got when I was younger. Had a 2" inch blade or so, but she didn't like carrying it and stopped. I got her, her mother, and my mother all pepper spray, but I guess I should probably get myself one too.

Hopefully she'll get used to the idea of carrying a pistol and get her CHL. She usually has our son and I worry about them way more than myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts