Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/product-details?id=106250

A bit much even with the holster .. What I find neat is look at the proof markings .. If I am reading them right I am guessing French issued guns .... So bit of history there ... proof in ST ETIENNE HOUSE house france per http://www.nramuseum.org/media/940944/proofmarks.pdf

So if you want a gun with a bit of french charm with I am guessing the org holster ..Well got 400$ ? Its intersting as some reading states that the French police for years used either Ruger or Maurhian wheel guns and also issued a version of either the Mini 14 or the AC556 auto mini 14 ..

So hey

Ruger has done some very cool police contract guns ...My fav is the Indian police speed six they made in 38 s&w that had lanyard rings on them

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
From a serial number search at Ruger. Guns are twenty years old. At least they are +P rated.

572-94860
Model # 05754
Product Line SP101
Caliber 38 Spl +P
In Production No
Shipped In 2000

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Better get "maggied" ex-member "mymomsson" to review them, as "per him, ALL Ruger's are junk! :rolleyes:

NOW MY REAL COMMENT! Thank's @WrongRecroom! A fair price, as they'll "still be shoot'n" when the "next nuclear war" rolls around! Also, WHEN EVER you post, I find "yet another new to me place, to shop"! :danceban:

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/product-details?id=106250

A bit much even with the holster .. What I find neat is look at the proof markings .. If I am reading them right I am guessing French issued guns .... So bit of history there ... proof in ST ETIENNE HOUSE house france per http://www.nramuseum.org/media/940944/proofmarks.pdf

So if you want a gun with a bit of french charm with I am guessing the org holster ..Well got 400$ ? Its intersting as some reading states that the French police for years used either Ruger or Maurhian wheel guns and also issued a version of either the Mini 14 or the AC556 auto mini 14 ..

So hey

Ruger has done some very cool police contract guns ...My fav is the Indian police speed six they made in 38 s&w that had lanyard rings on them
The grip in the picture appears to be a Trausch grip which was made in France which would figure if that's a French issued SP101. The package is probably worth the money. The SP101 is indestructable and it comes with a bit of novelty. I'd be a buyer.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If these came with the mythical Trausch grips I would be all over them........
Yikes I hadn't even looked at the pics those are the mythical Trausch grips, last time I found a pair for sale they were upwards of 100 American dollars.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
From a serial number search at Ruger. Guns are twenty years old. At least they are +P rated.

572-94860
Model # 05754
Product Line SP101
Caliber 38 Spl +P
In Production No
Shipped In 2000
Neither the ad data nor the barrel stamp states "+P," just .38 Special.

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
If these came with the mythical Trausch grips I would be all over them........
Yikes I hadn't even looked at the pics those are the mythical Trausch grips, last time I found a pair for sale they were upwards of 100 American dollars.
I sold the Trausch grip I had about a dozen years ago to a kid I met who had been looking for a Trausch for his Sp101. I don't think they are made any more due to a death in the company or some such event. Unless they have acquired some collector's value which I guess is possible, I wouldn't pay $100 or €90.05 as the case may be for them.

·
Registered
12,732 Posts

572-94860
Model # 05754
Product Line SP101
Caliber 38 Spl +P
In Production No
Shipped In 2000
The SP101 came out in 1985 I believe. In 1988 they were chambered for 357 Magnum.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Those are definitely Trausch grips. Jacques Trausch died at his desk years ago but did supply
the French police (in Paris) with these grips. I have a pair on my SP-101 .357 and absolutely love them.
Story goes that policewomen had difficulty hanging on to the the SP-101 and Trausch was contracted to design and manufacture the grips.
I have even corresponded with his widow who hated his business and disposed of everything.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Those are definitely Trausch grips. Jacques Trausch died at his desk years ago but did supply
the French police (in Paris) with these grips. I have a pair on my SP-101 .357 and absolutely love them.
Story goes that policewomen had difficulty hanging on to the the SP-101 and Trausch was contracted to design and manufacture the grips.
I have even corresponded with his widow who hated his business and disposed of everything.
They used to actually have a site where you could order them online. I ordered online and had a set in about a month. Shipping was from Paris. I can't recall what I paid for them, it's been a few years. They were a nice fit for the SP101.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I sold the Trausch grip I had about a dozen years ago to a kid I met who had been looking for a Trausch for his Sp101. I don't think they are made any more due to a death in the company or some such event. Unless they have acquired some collector's value which I guess is possible, I wouldn't pay $100 or €90.05 as the case may be for them.
Yes the owner Mr. Trausch passed away some time ago and his family had no interest in keeping the company going so they are no longer in production. Finding a pair for sale is near impossible and yeah they fetch over a 100 dollars easily last set I found was a seller in Australia and he wanted a pretty penny for them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts