Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a nice little 2 shot derringer that he is willing to sell me for 75.00. It is in great shape and comes with a holster. Is this a good price as I know nothing about these guns just that it shoots nice and would be fun to own.

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Id buy it. If you dont like it you could probably get about as much as you have into it by trading it in on another gun.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
What brand and caliber. It's hard, but not impossible to get hurt for $75. There are some out there that $25 is too much.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Sounds like a great BUG to me. I'd just make sure first that the lockup is tight and you should be good on a Derringer.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
what brand and caliber? but for the price i would get it and have some fun with it. some of them make great "bugs"

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
Ditto: If it's a Davis ~ Pass on it. There is one on Gunbroker MINT in Box for $80.00

American Derringer Corp ~ Snatch It Up.

Bond Arms are good & Hi-Standard

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a 22 and yeah I will get it then Ill post a picture.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I got it and will post some pics of it. It is a German made Frontier and it shoots great.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You say it shoots nice, and would be fun to own? You answered your own question!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok so here is a picture of it. I really like this thing and it cleaned up real good. It has some marks from being holstered but other than that it's in great shape. What is a good holster for these things? I am assuming a nice little pocket type do any of you carry these around as a bug. Anyway I think it is well worth 75.00 very well made it is made in Germany and it says "Frontier Model Derringer" on the barrell(s).:35:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid $325 for the American Derringer that I had in .357 mag chambering. I ended up selling it for $125 because nobody wanted it due to the caliber. It was reasonable w/ 38's, but violent with magnum rounds....I liked shooting it, (Older 125 gr. loads before the flash was minimized were wild looking at night) but couldn't find a good carry holster for it....

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Looks like a fun little popgun. I had a cheap Derringer in .22mag a few years back and at 5' it patterned more than grouped ... it was a fun little noisemaker though.
For holsters I'd say your best bet is talk to Kevin at K&D to see what he can come up with.
Jack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts