Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Hamhock .....used in soups and stews a lot....

View attachment 302906
The parts they didn't label are some of the best: ears, head, feet.

Those parts take some effort to prepare properly but done right they are a joy. I would actually rather have that stuff done properly than a pork chop.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Those parts take some effort to prepare properly but done right they are a joy. I would actually rather have that stuff done properly than a pork chop.
Tamales come from the cheek muscles, the bone of the hock is where the real flavor comes from or the marrow.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Tamales come from the cheek muscles, the bone of the hock is where the real flavor comes from or the marrow.
:rolleyes: Now if I’m reading this correctly, you just stated that you like something that comes out the behind, and you think it’s flavorful.

....that’s funny, messed up and funny..... :biggrin2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
:rolleyes: Now if I’m reading this correctly, you just stated that you like something that comes out the behind, and you think it’s flavorful.

....that’s funny, messed up and funny..... :biggrin2:
No, the hock is the lower rear leg, it's inside the pigs leg, not from the digestive tract. We save the intestines for stuffing with leftover parts to make sausage.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
No, the hock is the lower rear leg, it's inside the pigs leg, not from the digestive tract. We save the intestines <excuses> 😉
Too late, you already said “cheek Muscle” now your trying to talk about the lower leg....we know buster, YOU EAT PIGS BUTT STUFF! (And like it, think it’s flavorful)

Bwaaa ha ha haaa

🤣

·
Registered
25 Posts
Too late, you already said “cheek Muscle” now your trying to talk about the lower leg....we know buster, YOU EAT PIGS BUTT STUFF!

Bwaaa ha ha haaa

Cheeks in the head, the jowls,thats the tamale meat. Not the rump roast.

Boston Butt is the shoulder, however it makes amazing pulled pork when smoked properly.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts

“ ...ears, head, feet.” :puke:

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts

Boston Butt is the shoulder, however it makes amazing pulled pork when smoked properly.

Mmmmmmmmm.....yum.........

Reactions: Astom22

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Then why don’t they call it Boston Shoulder? Butt is such an asinine word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Then why don’t they call it Boston Shoulder? Butt is such an asinine word.

I like the word actually....

”I like big Butts and I cannot lie!”

Sir Mix-a-Lot

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
If it keeps people away because of the name, I'm all for it. Keeps the price down on one of my favorite meats for the smoker.

Yeah.....shhhhhhhh......keep it quiet.........

Reactions: druryj and Astom22

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
“ ...ears, head, feet.” :puke:
Oh please. They are the best.

Trotters with Green Tomato Jam- Feet. Little bite size fried breaded cakes with some green tomato jam on top. So rich and tender with that tangy sweet jam to offset the richness.

Pozole- Head. Wonderful soup with hominy, tomatoes and vegetables and topped with avocado, cilantro, shredded cabbage, tortilla chips, etc. So rich and hearty and the toppings make it fresh for hot weather.

Pig Ear Sandwich- Ok, I admit not everyone might not like this one. The first two I would give to anyone and they would not know what it is made from anyway. This will still look like an ear. Just boil them ears in some water until tender. Have to break down all that cartilage so it is soft. Slow smoke for a few hours. Serve on a soft bun with vinegar based coleslaw and serve with tobasco. Very rich, tender and juicy.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Pig’s ears are our “Grand Dog’s” favorite treat. He’s a husky/malamute mix....

Reactions: Rooster and MMinSC

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can shoot the 43 better than 365 — until I added a Hogue grip then it shoots as good as the 43.

On holsters, I am leather bias. I have a Mark Garrity’s inconspicuous IWB for my 43, it actually fits the 365. So, they share a home :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
OP - I also resisted and kept watching the forums to see if/when they got the bugs worked out. I took a gamble and bought one over the phone in May, just before my annual migration up north. The gun sat in storage at the LGS until Friday, September 13 when I rescued the poor thing and ran my first 150 rounds through it on the LGS indoor range. Not a single hitch with a mix of ammunition.

I had shot a couple of them last spring after some IDPA and BUG matches, so it wasn't a BIG gamble for me. Plus, I checked in with some shooting buddies over the summer and their guns were all functioning fine.

Perhaps I got a bit excited, but I sold both of my Glock 43s and turned around and ordered another 365 last week. It arrived at my favorite home-based FFL dealer on Thursday, so I hustled out there Friday morning, attached a Streamlight TLR-6 to the new gun, then ran another 100 rounds through the first one and loaded up all my mags with WWB ball ammo and ran through all of those loads very fast through the new gun. No problems. One full 15-round mag and a full 12-rounder of Federal HST loads without a problem and I'm calling it good for home defense and early morning/evening walks.

I took both of them to an IDPA match on Saturday morning, just so I'd have a backup in the event of a malfunction. It wasn't necessary. In fact, I was only down 11 points until I had a brain fart on the last two stages, which dropped me to 36th position out of 50 shooters. Without the screwups, I would have landed in the top half of the pack, shooting in the SSP division with two 12-round mags and WWB 115 ball ammo. Overall, I was pleased, because I hadn't shot any handgun all summer long and no competition since last April. I'm thinking by the end of my 'season' I should be consistently in the top half or top third. (In my wildest dweams I'd land in the top fourth.)

Keep in mind, I'm shooting against much larger guns with trigger jobs, optics (in some cases) and drop-free magazines. I have to literally pull the empty mag out of my 365 on a reload. In addition, my club typically has national and international champions in the mix. I mean, these men and women are GOOD.

Never thought I'd walk away from my Glocks, but after I sell my Gen 5 G26, I'll be Glock-free … which hasn't happened in nearly 15 years. Kinda scary, but I have that much confidence in the 365. The darn thing provides so many CC options: AIWB, IWB @3:30, OWB, ankle, pocket --- you name the place and this gun will pretty much fit there.

So far, I'm using a BBF carbon fiber at 3:30 and an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. I might add a Vedder Light Tuck for AIWB and a Vedder Pocket Locker but I'm not rushing into that quite yet. For the near future I'll mainly stick with 3:30 and occasional pocket carry. Heaven forbid I should get so comfy carrying in my right front pocket that I'll sell my Ruger LCPII. That would be quite a transition, so I think the LCP is safe … for now.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts