Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thought I would relate an incident that happened to me last friday. It went well, did I recruit anyone, not sure but...

I was headed north to visit my parents and came across a couple of young ladies with a flat tire so I stopped to help them out. I was OCing in the car as it is easier and did not bother to cover as I got out. As I was helping out one of the ladies asked why I carried a gun, I said "for protection. You never know when you might need it, just like a spare tire" as I was lifting the spare out of the trunk. I thought it fit perfectly.

Anyways no further discussion on my weapon and the tire got changed and the ladies went on their way.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
yeah i new a guy that did that and got stabbed in the back by the person that he was helping he did live but i always have that in the back of my mind so i dont stop.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i new a guy that did that and got stabbed in the back by the person that he was helping he did live but i always have that in the back of my mind so i dont stop.
That is always a possibility but then life itself is a gamble. Besides my mother would shoot me if I didn't help out and I fear her more.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You should have offered to take them out for some target practice, just to see their reaction.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Good job being an ambassador of open carry. I think we all have this opportunity on an almost daily basis and it is something we should all strive to do. Be polite, show the sheep that someone with a gun isn't something to be automatically afraid of.

You did well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Excellent! Nicely done and kudos. Chivalry isn't dead after all, it OCs in Michigan ;)

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Good Job:congrats:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent! Nicely done and kudos. Chivalry isn't dead after all, it OCs in Michigan ;)
Gee Bunny, now you have me blushing, :emb:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
You mean you are not some angry gun nut, but a considerate and helpful person who takes personal responsibility for your own protection?

Where are the reporters when stories like this are going down?

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Excellent!

No need to go into a big diatribe. They asked, you spoke, they got the message.

If they wanted to know more, they would have asked more!

Excellent experience. Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
399 Posts
You mean you are not some angry gun nut, but a considerate and helpful person who takes personal responsibility for your own protection?

Where are the reporters when stories like this are going down?
I don't think you would want a reporter. Think of the headlines:

Gun Wielding Maniac Terrorizes Stranded Women

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think you would want a reporter. Think of the headlines:

Gun Wielding Maniac Terrorizes Stranded Women
Random,

Yes I could see that happening. Thanks for the laugh.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts