Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change the springs in the 3" Kimber Recoil Spring Assembly? I'm getting replacement springs from Wolff and don't easily see how to get the assembly apart in order to replace the springs.

Any advice from someone who's done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
How do you change the springs in the 3" Kimber Recoil Spring Assembly? I'm getting replacement springs from Wolff and don't easily see how to get the assembly apart in order to replace the springs.

Any advice from someone who's done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You can change out the large front spring easily, but it is my understanding that you can't readily chnge out the small spring in the rear.

What I have done is buy a new recoil spring assembly, and then when I want to replace the springs I send in the used recoil spring assembly I am using to Kimber, and replace it with the other one. Kimber will replace the springs for just about the cost of the springs and send the recoil assembly back with new springs back to you.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Ron and I have the same Ultra, I've also found that I have to either change just the outside spring, have a special tool to do it myself, have a 'smith' do it, or send it to Kimber.:ticking:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts