Defensive Carry banner

Changing My EDC at Least For Now

3K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  dennycrane 
#1 ·
For years, my EDC has been a Kimber SIS Ultra in a "Bodyguard" holster with a spare magazine. I've never felt under gunned with 7+1 with an extra 7 .45acp hollow points. With everything that's going on I've switched to my Sig P226 (18+1) in a minotaur holster and an extra magazine of 18.

I hate relegating the Kimber to the night stand, but I think capacity (that hurt to type) is more important for the time being.

#30 ·
No change for me, last 3 years. SAME 4 (ALL), ANY day I leave the house. Same manual of arms. Draw one & shoot. Either hand. All are above .40 caliber.

#32 ·
I may have actually taken a step down in firepower; depending on how you look at it.
With the current ammo shortage, I have gone to revolvers.

Having thousands of primers and LSWC bullets on hand, I can load literally 50 rounds for a few bucks, and have a supply that allows me to practice constantly while I sit on my 9mm and 45 ammo.

Now I am shooting more ammo, more often, and can hit a reduced size silhouette at 50 yards with a j frame, or make hits from the draw in under a second.

I may have stepped down in capacity, but I have made huge gains being deadly, while enjoying more shooting time.

#33 ·
Nice! I bought 2,000 rounds of steel cased 38 right before prices jumped just so I could keep shooting my most carried guns (the 5 shot snubbies). I too have put my 9mm and 45 acp on ice for now even though I have decent supplies on hand.
Most people who don't see any advantages to the snubby just don't put the time in to become proficient.
I have not shot for several weeks and Sunday took the 2 snubs out and shot water filled gallon milk jugs at 25 yards. I shot only 20 rounds and missed the jugs only twice so for me that was "good enough" and called it a day.
Next time out will be just a few cylinders on the wizard.

Nice to see you here and how do you like your 64?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.