Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
srfl said:
....anyone got a bullet puller?
Thats what I am thinking. Buy a box for $20 take the power out and sell the inert rounds for $1.86 apiece and make $166 profit. Hell yeah, one could get rich quick.

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
Actually I do remember folks wanting to make exact replica DUMMY rounds buying bulk empty primers that are devoid of primer compound.
So it is possible to buy DUMMY inert primers if you contact the manufacturer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bruces45 said:
Thats what I am thinking. Buy a box for $20 take the power out and sell the inert rounds for $1.86 apiece and make $166 profit. Hell yeah, one could get rich quick.
Except this auction is in England - p95Carry would know better than I, but my father-in-law told me any bullet components would be illegal to take back home, so you couldn't just buy a box for $20. That is probably about right for over there - collectors and such who aren't allowed to have functioning guns or ammo. They are probably filled with epoxy or something.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
The headstamp shows they were made by Israeli Military Industries.

They're dummy training cartridges.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Captain Crunch said:
The headstamp shows they were made by Israeli Military Industries.

They're dummy training cartridges.
And are totally useless, they can't have dummy guns so why dummy ammo. I read a story in a British mag about buying guns in in jolly old. For about a K you get a small semi or .38 with 10 bullets. This all due to the Chunel they can smuggle any thing you want into the country. I also sent a PM to the seller that he had to be kidding, here in the good old US we can buy 50 live rounds for 8 bucks US, and if I want dummy rounds I will just go load my own.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Sheldon J said:
And are totally useless, they can't have dummy guns so why dummy ammo.
Actually, dummy cartridges do have a legitimate purpose. To quote from U.S. Army Field Manual 23-35:

Cartidge, Caliber .45, Dummy, M1921, is used for training personnel in the operation of loading and unloading the pistol, and for testing weapons. It is used also in marksmanship training by being mixed with live ammunition during instruction practice firing.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Certainly would not expect any genuine live ammo to be on offer over there!!! Wonder even whether supposed dummy ammo would not ''raise eyebrows''.

For the guys who can still (are ''allowed'') to shoot carbines - about all they have left for pistol cals, then live rounds would be OK, IF aquired thru ''legal'' and acceptable channels - or reloaded at home.

That's how I'd see it these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts