Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son found this video. Cool stuff.....BUT not sure why the pistol(appears to be a 1911)does NOT lock back after this little guy fires the last round in magazine. Either way it's very neat. I'm sure there will be comments on this.:hand5:

Little Kid at a Shooting RangeVideo

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
That was fun to watch. He sure did anticipate the recoil for that 8th shot he thought he had. Yes, it looks like a single stack 1911. A 1911 magazine catch can be tuned to allow the slide to ride forward after the last round. Maybe he can function the slide easier than actually functioning the slide release? He had pretty good form for a kid.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That boy is totally pro! It looks like he is very in to it. I wonder if those were light loads or what! What a great video!

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
:repost::yup:...but the kid is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Most of the folks that shoot USPSA/IPSC style shooting have their mags & slide stops modified so that they will not lock the slide back when the mag runs dry. They do this because USPSA shooters train themselves to count their shots so they perform reloads when the last round chambers, or charge the gun back up while on the run and eliminate the chance that the slide will lock back as they do sometimes on the last round. Having that happen is another one of those little "murphy moments" that can kill a master-class run. In fact, master-class shooters (myself included) and above prefer setting their competition guns up that way......

My fighting guns, however never.....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... The kids loads were most likely minor power factor loads, which are allowed for junior shooters.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
From a safety perspective, I'm a little worried about the kid running with it locked and loaded.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Someone has a lot of trust in that kid. He looked maybe 6-7?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Those HAD to be light loads... that kid couldn't shoot like that with my Sig 45... way more snap than that...

Still, if that were my kid, I'd be beaming with pride...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
this vid was up about a week ago.

I thought the kid did really good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts