Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a stone's throw from Philly.

I've been LTCF'ing in PA since '85, back when permits were like hens' teeth. These days I shoot mostly SIGs, and I take perverse pride in getting others to make the jump to them from other manufacturers, and that hideous 1911 platform. "Dances with fuglies" :hand5: knows exactly what I mean!

Oh, and yeah, 9 is enough, but .357 SIG tends to leave them that much flatter, that much sooner. "Real" calibers don't have to begin with a 4!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome from Arizona - :smilez:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Hey Chip - welcome dude!

Ahhh - Philly cheesesteak - one of my regular meals up the road here!

Oh and hey - careful not to mess too much with the 1911 fellas - LOT of 'em here :wink: :18:

·
Registered
753 Posts
It's OK Chris ~ he's welcome to his wrong opinion :)

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And, as Ride4TheBrand said, you are welcome to your wrong opinion here. Lots of 1911 carriers here, with me amongst them.... :yup:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho and the 1911 side

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas. Glad to have you with us.

From another prehistoric 1911 carrier.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome---- I am a .45ACP in the 1911 kinda guy. I own em,I carry em,I love em. But I gotta say that the .357Sig to me is one of the most under rated cals on the market. Most of the tests will tell you that the 125gr.outta a 357 Mag is the best one shot stopper there is. The Sig round is about the same. A 125 at 1400 to 1450. (the 357mag obtained those velocities outta a 6" bbl also) If I wasnt in love with the 45/1911,I would take a serious look at the .357SIG as a CC weapon. Actually I would pick the .357Sig over the .40Short&Week.(I'll hear 'bout this!!) ------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just funnin' a bit about the 1911. I've actually shot one that I enjoyed, which was, of course, a $2,000 Ed Brown Kobra. Hmm? Rice, beans, and divorce, or that Kobra? Seriously, I've only shot two .45s that I really enjoyed, and the other one wasn't even a true 1911 — it was a Para 14-shot LDA, and we all know what's said about Para, right? However, personal preference or not, they still all make holes, and even at less than 1,000 fps I wouldn't want to try and outrun one of those wide-body ashtrays.

RSSZ, I look at the .357 SIG thing like this: (1), numbers that equal .357 Magnum performance don't tend to lie, and (2), people who say that the .357 SIG is simply a 9mm +P would say that a housecat would have a chance in a scrap with a lynx. Goodbye, Fluffy! *COUGH*

·
Super Moderator
25,615 Posts
Welcome! And there are a few SIG folks here....... We're just badly outnumbered by the 1911 folks! :argue:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome!.....

....another 1911 fan here (in 10mm trim of course!)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When I'm not carrying my 220ST, or it's usually GLOCK 32 in 357 Sig...

Depends on what I'll be doing, wearing etc...

In my view, "real calibers" can begin with a .1 (.17 hmr) if that's what one prefers to shoot... Popped my left forearm with a .22lr and don't wish to repeat that anytime soon at all...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
BTW welcome...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
People that say a .357 Sig is a 9X19 +p, I believe are wrong. The sig even whoops the 9X23, though the two now are getting closer. ------

·
Super Moderator
24,861 Posts
Welcome from North Texas, from a non-1911 guy, although there is the pressure from the "Dark Side ". LOL. Actually, I just started loving handguns, so there's probably one in my future.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.