Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a 22 pistol for use as a plinker and to teach the kids. Had my eyes on a Ruger Mark series, but saw this Chiappa 1911-22 (on the web only) which had a good review on gunblast and seems like a good price.
Anyone have this gun with some experiences to share??

It seems fairly new, so not much history yet.

·
Administrator
144,132 Posts
From Gunbroker

Some additional info.
I know nothing about them personally though.

You are bidding on a NEW!! JUST ARRIVED semi-auto pistol from Chiappa Firearms, Distributed by MKS Supply. Yes, this is a .22 LR pistol in a 1911 frame. For a price under most .22 conversion units, MKS Supply, Inc., is making available a fantastic buy for gun owners across the country. This affordable, accurate, reliable pistol will be exceptionally received by those who want a 1911 ACP clone in the popular, affordable and fun .22 LR rimfire round. Details: This is a full size clone of the standard 1911 .45 ACP. The weight is less because both the slide and the frame are constructed of aluminum alloy. The lighter slide in particular also allows for reliable functioning it has much less mass for the recoil action of the diminutive .22LR round to function. The internal components of the 1911-22 are all steel of course. The steel barrel insert is fixed to the slide to provide better accuracy. The fixed barrel also eliminates some not necessary parts found in the original .45 which was designed for full disassembly due to battlefield conditions. The finish on the slide and frame is a flat black oxide finish. The magazines are made of formed industrial-grade polymer and have been proven in extensive testing to be incredibly reliable as the polymer forming process ensures they are identical thus eliminating steel assembly and fit variances. Specifications: Stocks (grips): Walnut with laser cut checkering. Sights: Dovetail rear-drift adjustable sight (like original military sights). Barrel length: 5-inches. Physical dimensions: Same as the standard 1911. Weight: 32-ounces (a standard military 1911 .45ACP is 40-ounces). Models: Standard black finish. Magazine capacity: 10-rounds. One magazine is included. Warranty: Full-year parts and labor. This gun comes in an MTM Case-Gard plastic case with owner's manual, bore brush, and a Firing Pin block key. This gun must ship to a current FFL holder. Please abide by all your state handgun purchase regulations. The buyer will pay flat rate for shipping. Cashier's check, money order, or credit card is accepted. Add 2% to the selling price for a Credit card payment. I will ship this gun to your FFL dealer once payment and FFL are received. Thanks for taking a look! hhsportshop.com

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Isn't MKS the maker of the Hi Point?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
QKShooter, how much do they cost. I like.

Hayzor, for teaching kids to shoot I prefere a single action revolver. Use to not feel that way until I had a Browning Buckmark go full auto while my 11 year old nephew was shooting it. Seemed like it took for ever for it to finally run out of bullets. My nephew kept wanting to hand me the gun while it was shooting. It was interesting.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They look to be around $300.

By reports I have been reading, they seem to perform surprisingly well for a budget 1911-style. Even with the bulk ammo.

...I had a Browning Buckmark go full auto while my 11 year old nephew was shooting it. Seemed like it took for ever for it to finally run out of bullets. My nephew kept wanting to hand me the gun while it was shooting. It was interesting.
These days, that would get you federal charges....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
10 Rounds? Huh? For a .22? That seems.... odd...
Seems pretty standard to me.

Hoss

Ruger Mark III
All Models:
Caliber: .22 LR
Barrel: Tapered
Material: Alloy Steel
Finish: Blued
Grips: Checkered
Sights: Fixed
Capacity: 10
Twist: 1:16" RH​
S&W Model 22A
Caliber: .22LR
Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 5 1/2"
Front Sight: Patridge Front
Rear Sight: Adjustable Target
Grip: Plastic Grip
External Safety: Manual Thumb
Frame: Large
Finish: Blue / Black
Overall Length: 9 1/2"
Material: Alloy
Weight Empty: 32 oz.​
S&W Model 41
Caliber: .22LR
Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 5 1/2"
Front Sight: Patridge Front
Rear Sight: Adjustable Target
Grip: Wood Grips
External Safety: Thumb
Frame: Large
Finish: Blue / Black
Overall Length: 10 1/2"
Material: Carbon Steel
Weight Empty: 41 oz.
Beretta Neos
Caliber: 22LR
Overall Length: 8.8", 10.3"
Overall Height: 5.2"
Overall Width : 1.5"
Barrel Length : 4.5", 6.0"
Sight Radius : 7.4", 8.9"
Weight Unloaded: 31.7 oz, 36.2 oz
Mag. Capacity: 10
Browning Buck Mark
Magazine
Heat treated magazine body for long-term feeding reliability. Coil spring provides more consistent follower angle than typical Z-spring. 10-round capacity.
Walther P22
Caliber-: .22LR
Barrel Length: 3.4"
Dimensions, L/H/W: 6.3"/4.5"/1.1"
Weight (without Mag): 15.1 oz.
Sights: 3-Dot adj.
Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
Trigger: DA/SA
Trigger Weight: 11 lbs./4 lbs.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts