Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news media and the blm gang must be very proud that the Law Enforcement community has been so vilified they fear defending their own lives. Getting to be a very sad state of affairs.

Chicago police officer says she feared using gun while being beaten

CHICAGO --
A Chicago police officer who is hospitalized after she was severely beaten said she was afraid to use her gun because of the scrutiny she would have faced, Supt. Eddie Johnson said.

On Wednesday morning, police responded to a car crash on the city's West Side where officers encountered a man that police allege was violent and under the influence of drugs.
Chicago police officer feared using gun while being attacked | abc11.com

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
This is a very foolish choice but I can understand why she made it. I'm not a leo so I would not went that way.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
While I understand her thoughts there are several adverse consequences to her decision. The first is it empowers the criminal animals that are conducting the activities. Second it puts the public in extreme danger by showing them they can get away with their actions. Third, the next officer may not be so lucky. If that officer dies at the scene the animals now have access to the officer's duty belt which could easily contain not just their duty weapon but also two-way radio, pepper spray, baton, and spare ammunition. There may also be the officer's patrol car keys and imagine the weapons and ammunition there. I won't say she did the wrong thing as each situation is different and needs to be handled in different ways. I am glad she did survive. In my opinion while she may not have followed the "First Rule of Law Enforcement" she did her best and went home later.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
The news media and the blm gang must be very proud that the Law Enforcement community has been so vilified they fear defending their own lives. Getting to be a very sad state of affairs.

Chicago police officer feared using gun while being attacked | abc11.com
Sorry If I sound sexist but if a person can't handle the job, they should find something else to do, and I don't mean a cop desk job.
As much as I like construction work, I would have a hard time of trying to make a living laboring or running a jack hammer all day so I wouldn't even try.

Reactions: BadgerJ

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Back in the old days she could have taken the guy out with her baton - no, wait, cops don't carry batons anymore. :rolleyes:

Well, unless there's a riot.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
if he was willing to take on three officers and get away with it, imagine what carnage he will do
by the police officer negligently not doing her job, I'm wondering how many other cops & others will be hurt or killed by the thug in the future :icon_neutral:
MAJOR FAIL!!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sorry If I sound sexist but if a person can't handle the job, they should find something else to do, and I don't mean a cop desk job.
As much as I like construction work, I would have a hard time of trying to make a living laboring or running a jack hammer all day so I wouldn't even try.
I don't think that sounds sexist.
It's a "cowardice" situation, and gender doesn't matter.
Men can be cowards too.
The sad part is that "second guessing" like this will become more common, and embolden the thugs more-so as it does.

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
You've got to be "willing".
If someone is "willing" to assault me, I'm "willing" to defend myself. Up to and including shooting their butt.

It's a damn shame that the vilification of cops in the media has gotten to the point that some cops are hesitant to respond as they should.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If your being attacked you have to fight and use whatever means necessary to defend yourself. Sad that at the time of being brutally beaten those were her thoughts.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If your being attacked you have to fight and use whatever means necessary to defend yourself. Sad that at the time of being brutally beaten those were her thoughts.
"tooth and nail"!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
At my own risk, IMHO, it is because she was a woman, the Law Enforcement officer & the perp are still alive today. I say those words only in the most absolutely positive way, with both genders of LE in mind. The chances that if the bad guy had been beating down a male officer here, well, the chances are more than likely the officer would have never considered anything other than saving his own life by killing the perp. (And he would have done nothing wrong by killing the perp.)After observing my wife operate for the last 30 years, women tend to think more things thru, even in the midst of loosing ones life or giving childbirth without pain meds, (6 times in my house). Grievously society has both allowed and helped shape these situations with these thoughts being placed in the fore front of Law Enforcement saving ones own life. It is only by the grace of God she is still alive.

The only reason her gun and weapons were still present, they were not as good as the ones already on the street in the neighborhood.

IMHO; The real negative conclusion here, it shows the effects of BLM and and media biased, along with the lack of support our LE's feel from the very people they are fighting and sacrificing to protect. Only a matter of time before LE stands and watches a group of bad people beat down good civilians without interfering because they do not want to risk a full riot breaking out and buildings getting burned & looted. Adversely allowing some of those innocent civilians to die.

Welcome to the new good ol' U.S.of A.

·
Registered
631 Posts
When I lived in Pendleton, Oregon there were 2 shootings in 3 years. Both times it was the cops shooting someone. I felt safe in that town.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Sounds to me like she is just making excuses for getting beat up. When police are called out by the media and the public, most of the time it is because there is some type of misconduct, not because they are about to be killed. Are police always wrong? No, absolutely not, but if you're not wrong, who cares what the media and BLM crowd says.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
While there is not enough information to make a definitive assessment of the incident, if what was reported is a reasonably accurate description, she should have shot her assailant(s).

All she did was to further embolden the criminal element and even the mindset of those who sit on the fringe just waiting to riot, loot, and beat innocent victims.

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Hey so she got a life altering beating............better luck next time.......best get a LEO job in the far far suburbs because she does NOT belong on a big city urban PD.

So is it really fashionable to be a victim today?

Reactions: SIGP250 and baren
1 - 20 of 71 Posts