Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local chicken place today in Franklin, TN. I openly carried my G19. I noticed only one person that even noticed. He did a bit of a double take on me, then checked out my lunch companion to see if he was carrying (he wasn't). Nobody said anything to me. I guess that's a pretty good day. By the way, the chicken was pretty good.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It will draw attention. Some places not much - others places maybe more than you'd like - but - your choice - good to be free to choose isn't it.....

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I agree Doug. Here in South West Tennessee, I have carried openly all day and, while paying extra close attention for anyone who reacted in any way, not seen a single person that even noticed the gun. It is a Service size (4 inch) two tone (silver slide black frame) XD .40 in an OWB black Blackhawk serpa holster. It is actually, I would think, rather hard to miss. But most people do, maybe on the order of 95% of the people I come into contact with daily miss it entirely. It always amazes me.

Glad to hear that Franklin is also a good place to OC. But, all of Tennessee is OC legal so it shouldn't be a surprise at all.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Always glad to hear a successful OC story. Just like TN_Mike, I open carry quite often here in the same area, (SW TN) and most people are oblivious to the fact that I have a Glock 27 in a Don Hume OWB holster on one side a and a spare mag on the other.

People today are so tuned in to their own world, they totally miss what is happening around them. :confused:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Franklin, isn't that where all the country music stars live?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Good thing you didn't cause the patron to choke on his nugget, probably would have been charged with use of a firearm/manslaughter...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, the occasional double-take is about the only reaction I've ever gotten. The only LEO encounter was the county deputy who gushed about how much he wants a 629MG too like I was wearing at the time.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I went to a local chicken place today in Franklin, TN. I openly carried my G19. I noticed only one person that even noticed. He did a bit of a double take on me, then checked out my lunch companion to see if he was carrying (he wasn't).
He was probably looking to see if your buddy was carrying thinking you were law enforcement or something like that.

I have never been able to feel comfortable with OC. I don't know why other than, I just don't want to deal with the hassle that you sometimes hear folks mention regarding OC. I can sometimes have a short fuse and not patient enough with some of the clowns out there that might want you to justify your rights for carrying a weapon. :spankme: I got no time for um.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I wish Seattle was that nice. I noticed a guy oc'ing his knife today at a teriyaki place next to work. This lady freaked out and was creating a ruckus among her friends. I should have told her I was carrying a .45. ;-)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wish Seattle was that nice. I noticed a guy oc'ing his knife today at a teriyaki place next to work. This lady freaked out and was creating a ruckus among her friends. I should have told her I was carrying a .45. ;-)
Man, I was at the doctor's office and when the nurse weighed me, I mentioned taking off my knife and she said "I didn't think that was legal now'. I REALLY wanted to educate her, but let it go. If it had been the Doc., I may have...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Good thing you didn't cause the patron to choke on his nugget, probably would have been charged with use of a firearm/manslaughter...
Not. Even. Funny. :scratchchin:

I guess due to my "noob" status, I am discovering that if you look nervous as all get out, you are going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you look like it belongs there, most people assume you are an LEO and ignore it.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
What comments would you expect in a place full of 'chickens' or :sheep: they're all in "Never-Never Land":Eyecrazy:
Glad you had a peacful day.:bier:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not. Even. Funny. :scratchchin:

I guess due to my "noob" status, I am discovering that if you look nervous as all get out, you are going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you look like it belongs there, most people assume you are an LEO and ignore it.
Don't be all jittery. You either have to make yourself a presence to be reckoned with or know how to make yourself invisible to the sheep.

After awhile you'll get used to it. Just treat your firearm like its another part of your body and not tumor or hideous growth that's going to reach out and grab a sheep's attention.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is extremely true, no matter what you're carrying. :)

For the most part, the people around us tend to go unnoticed. Especially true for those around us with little/no SA. I have pretty awesome SA and I still can't tell you about every person I come within 6' of on any given day. The ones I can? Had something about them to cause them to stick out. Nervous is a big red flag.

so.. chill out :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts