Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I have been carrying my EDC xdm in a Nelson Stealth for a few months now. I love everything about the holster. Everything but the ride height. Basically it rides high enough for the holster to get pushed out by my spare tire and print under light tees. I've added pics below to illustrate. I love the holster, but I want to buy another one that rides a good 3/4" to 1" lower, where I used to run my crossbreed (before I discovered the promise land).

So to the guys who run them, will the xcaliber get me low enough or will I need to have James make me a Dakota defender to get the ridea height I need?

Sorry for the dark pics :embarassed:

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
I have a few new designs that I am working on and one of them is kind of like a cross between the Dakota defender and the Stealth and it uses a different kind of loops, If you like you can send that holster back to be and I will change out the loops for the prototype set, they will allow you holster to drop down more.
The loops with ride just a little higher than the holster loop attachment points and will wrap around your belt to snap, also they will be just a little thinner than the regular loops.

If its something you want to try just shoot me a email at [email protected]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A true American craftsman, ladies and gentlemen. I'll be in touch James! I need to line up my next holster with you too.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have one holster still in the build stage with Nelson, and will be ordering more. Absolutely top notch quality and craftsmanship and great customer service. Yes, they are more expensive than your nylon "bargain bin" holsters.. but worth every penny. Getting your current Nelson holster exchanged or modified seems like the best option OP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heard nothing but great things about Mr. Nelson. Looking forward to my Eagle Defender and Magazine Pouch I have on order. These will be my 1st Nelsons!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try the new loops or clips, beyond that I'll just order a new holster. I need to order more anyway for my myriad of toys. I just want to be clear, there's not a thing wrong with his holster and I have carried in it for several months. I just want a different option for when a cover shirt is out of the question. This is a function of my stunning physique :image035: it's still the most comfortable holster I own.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
I'll try the new loops or clips, beyond that I'll just order a new holster. I need to order more anyway for my myriad of toys. I just want to be clear, there's not a thing wrong with his holster and I have carried in it for several months. I just want a different option for when a cover shirt is out of the question. This is a function of my stunning physique :image035: it's still the most comfortable holster I own.
Fully understand, If you dont mind shoot me a email at [email protected] and we can set up the loops, I will need you to send me the holster so I can fit these style of loop to your holster other wise there will be a long end on the loop that can poke you.

·
Vendor
1,735 Posts
Heard nothing but great things about Mr. Nelson. Looking forward to my Eagle Defender and Magazine Pouch I have on order. These will be my 1st Nelsons!
I am not sure if your order is in the batch getting ready to ship or not as I can match forum nicks to orders real good.
I will be shipping orders from July 1rst - July 15th tomorrow, close to 100 orders.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh no, it wouldn't be in that batch. I didn't order until the middle of August. Still have a ways to go! ;) No worries!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent my holster back to James to be fitted with a prototype leather loop, as he had mentioned. The creativity and ingenuity he put into it is just... well it's just plain clever. He got it back to me in no time, which I am extremely grateful about. Not that his reputation 'round these parts would lead me to expect anything else, but just literally outstanding customer service.

The holster rides actually a tiny bit lower than I am used to, which carries it even more comfortably, and easier to conceal than my alien gear cloak tuck 1.0 that I have so much good to say about. I don't see that James could have too many more tweaks to make, this setup is damn near perfect.

Of couse, pictures :)

Before (in a mirror)

After

1 - 12 of 12 Posts