Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy another XD subcompact. I am a cash buyer and can buy virtually any of the models out there (bi-tone, OD green, black). I had considered hard chroming the slide... thought about getting Black-T or a similar finish... just not sure exactly what finishes are durable and what function they may serve.

Here is what I am looking for:

1) A durable finish that can withstand use in a Crossbreed (Kydex) Supertuck without flaking or chipping

2) A finish that is not going to negatively affect the function of the gun... if possible, I would like for it to improve the function of the slide.

I would also like to refinish the metal parts in some kind of nickel or chrome finish. I would like to maintain the "steel" feel that can feel cold against the skin, if possible.

What kind of finish/plating is best for the metal parts (i.e. grip safety, etc.)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- thank you.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just posted this the other day on here.

Refinishing a slide with KG Gun-Kote | NY Firearms

I installed night sights (they fit TIGHT on xd's) and can tell you that a strip of the finish/metal peeled off the trijicon sights but it didn't mark the gun-kote in the dovetail so I guess it's hard stuff. I've been using a kydex holster with no marks but I've only had it operational for a few days now so I can't give a long term review of durability.

It comes in all kinds of colors.
color chart: https://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=5

1 - 2 of 2 Posts