1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats awesome, good job.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
will this effect the grip structural strength? How bout gun function? I like to modify and smith my guns , but not on my carry guns. Hope it works out well for ya.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Rocky,

Should not affect anything. The grip has not been reduced enough to matter. Robar has been cutting grips down and thinning them for some time. Marty Hayes started the trend years ago and I have not read anything negative about it yet.

The grip feels just as solid as my G23. Actually it feels stronger, as the bottom is thicker than the G23 where they are factory relieved quit a bit.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Fantastic Job! ~ Great Thread.

Nice Crisp Instructional Photos Also.
Any "Brave Souls" here BRAVE ENOUGH to chop their GLOCK! :confused:

GLOCK QUESTION: Slightly Off Topic.
Are the finger grooves on the GLOCK Grip frames Solid Material?
In other words...can the finger grooves be removed without adding any "filler material" to the frame?
If the only problem in removing the finger grooves would be the "strictly cosmetic problem" of making the removed area look "presentable"...then I might consider doing a "finger groove removal job" ~
I hate the doggone finger gooves...well, (the bottom groove anyway) does not fit my gun hand correctly. Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Great job Jim, and great instructional pics. But I'm still gonna have to report this to Gaston. :biggrin:

Won't that void your warranty?

QK,
I have heard and seen pics of the finger grooves machined off of gen 3 Glocks; hence I presume they are solid. I don't like the grooves myself and have been tempted numerous time to remove them. However, if it matters, that would probably void the warranty also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, warranty ist Kaput! :)

Gen 3 grooves are solid, you can sand them off, but again the warranty vilst kaputen bein!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Nice work.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
QKShooter said:
B.T.W. ~ Who Needs A GLOCK warranty anyway? :biggrin:
I don't know guys, I spend a lot of time on GlockTalk and among other issues, they've got, or used to have, a sticky listing serial numbers of Glocks subject to rail breaks.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I had one Glock that needed the frame rail "upgrade". I sent it in during the intital mad rush (big mistake). It took me a few months to get it back. I should have waited till the mad rush died down.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Jim_Linch said:
Tangle,
Stay away from those "kool-aid" drinkers! :)
lol!!! There are some thoroughbred idiots there, but there is some civil stuff too, and I enjoy reading some of the Glockaholics comments. There was a surprising thread entitled, "What's Is So Special About H&K" and you would have thought you were reading a thread from the HKPRO forum. I mean guys that have and had Glocks that were praising and defending H&K as a top quality gun.

I think what happens, some think that Glock Perfection is real and if anything is said to indicate in any way the Glocks could have any deficiency, they instantly loose it.

Your point well taken though! And let me get back to this thread and re-iterate - good work on the mod!

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I Look At It This Way

We can't afford to get seriously POed at our fellow shooters...no matter what type of firearm they are overly~passionate about. :silly:
We CAN all get slightly POed in jest. :biggrin:
All of us are on the pro~gun side of the fence & that is "The Bigger More Important Picture" ~ It's All Of Us in opposition to the Anti~Gunners.
Because they want all of the guns trashed.
The Glocks & Colts & H&Ks & S&Ws & you get the idear....they don't want us to have ANY of them.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Tangle said:
lol!!! There are some thoroughbred idiots there, but there is some civil stuff too, and I enjoy reading some of the Glockaholics comments. There was a surprising thread entitled, "What's Is So Special About H&K" and you would have thought you were reading a thread from the HKPRO forum. I mean guys that have and had Glocks that were praising and defending H&K as a top quality gun.

I think what happens, some think that Glock Perfection is real and if anything is said to indicate in any way the Glocks could have any deficiency, they instantly loose it.

Your point well taken though! And let me get back to this thread and re-iterate - good work on the mod!
Funny thing is, when I post on GlockTalk it is usually in the “Kalashnikov Korner”. Yes, I go to GlockTalk to talk about AK’s. :confused:

I do read the Glock sections a lot, I just don’t post there hardly at all.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Looks very nice job Jim - and I can now see the logic to doing it.

I am not a Glocker but - it makes sense - not that I reckon I'd have the patience!

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
P95Carry,
I'd better not hear you're even thinking about doing this to your Sig 226! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hell NO!! :biggrin:.

What will work on plastic sure wouldn't work on my stainless SIG! Anyways - with the CT's it has a grip feel I just could not improve on.

Best feel gun I have, and that's saying something cos many feel good - SIG feels VERY good!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts