Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the Chuck Norris NRA ad where he is trying to get people to vote for candidates that will protect our freedoms? This is especially true about our right to keep and bear arms. Wonder if he would like to be on the NRA Board of Directors? I believe he would have my vote.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Chuck is a good guy and all......but I think he's too short. Maybe Ted Nugent?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nugent is already invovled and I think on the board, or a trustee or something.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Not to get to far off topic, but I wonder if we could get Ted Nugent to become a member, here at DC? Does anyone know him? He seems pretty cool.

Or... it would be kinda cool if Chuck Norris were a member here too. :22a:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'd like to see Steven Segal or Bruce Willis on the NRA board. Even Demi Moore would be a breath of fresh air. All are staunch defenders of the 2A.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
One of my favorite quotes from Chuck on his recent appearance on the 'Glenn Beck' show...

"I have a 700-acre ranch in Texas. And I have a lot of guns on my ranch.

I don't use them for hunting. I'm not a hunter. But the thing is, it's for protection. And the Second Amendment was designed for tyranny against the government. If the government decides to become a tyrannical government, our guns are to protect us against that. And that's really what the Second Amendment is all about, Glenn."

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Even Demi Moore...
You can love Chuck Norris if you want. I'll pick Demi every time.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Chuck is a great spokesman; I had the chance to meet him many years ago at a gun show in Dallas where he was doing a weapon retention seminar for people who were, at the time thinking that the CCW law here in TX was going to pass. A few weeks later, Governor Ann Richards sealed her fate when she vetoed the law and told Texans we did not even have the right to vote on it.

Don't worry about Chuck, he is with us big time.....

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I'd like to see Steven Segal or Bruce Willis on the NRA board. Even Demi Moore would be a breath of fresh air. All are staunch defenders of the 2A.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but do you have evidence of that?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Chuck is a good guy and all......but I think he's too short. Maybe Ted Nugent?
I'd just love to see you tell him that. :smile:

:urlaub2:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rain drops stop 1 second shy, and ask Chuck's permission to fall on him.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Ok, what is with all this hero worship? These folks put their pants on just like the rest of us.

If they are speaking up for 2A rights, that is great. If they are doing it for free, that is even better. If they are making money off of it, well they are just playing a part for a paycheck like any other role they have had.

Just remember the saying God made all men, Samual Colt made all men equal. As big of a bad ass these folks may be in the movies or real life, most everyone on this site follow Mr. Colts reasoning.

BTW, I have nothing against any of them, I just don't idolize them like many.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The key highpoint of guys like Nugent and Norris is not the idolization, but rather that they are a dominant face in the media world for the issue. That's how I see a key role in those guys.

Fame is a lot like a weapon itself, it can be used for good or bad, but in the case of Norris, Nugent Willis, Segal, or Moore, I consider them a part of the "good side", but that also likely depends upon the issue. Celebrity worship is not something I hold high, but anyone who does something good has done something good, regardless of social status.

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts