Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't carry in a church in Mississippi?! Please tell me I am wrong...I've been reading and it appears church is off limits. I live in TN and have a TN HCP but am going to visit a church in MS today. Just can't believe I didn't think of this until now...

:aargh4:

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can't carry in a church in Mississippi?! Please tell me I am wrong...I've been reading and it appears church is off limits. I live in TN and have a TN HCP but am going to visit a church in MS today. Just can't believe I didn't think of this until now...

:aargh4:
that's my understanding as well, interesting considering their "enhanced permit" allows it, the additional "training" the "enhanced" permit requires: Tennessee handgun permit course

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's my understanding as well, interesting considering their "enhanced permit" allows it, the additional "training" the "enhanced" permit requires: Tennessee handgun permit course
Hmmmm....Wait...So does my Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit count as "enhanced" or non-enhanced when I am visiting their state????

·
Registered
6,971 Posts

·
Registered
42,131 Posts
I never understood a church having special protection more than any other place. It's this sort of "special protection" that make it un-protected.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
To carry in church you must have a Mississippi permit with the enhancement. Out of state permit is a no go for church carry.

Reactions: perfection

·
Banned
76 Posts
Those who go to church expect peace all over the world no matter what belief or faith (aside from Muslim Terrorists).
Going to church is a time to experience the people of God without worrying about carrying a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun in church then don't go that Sunday or Saturday or whatever day. Stay home and pray for peace with your God.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...feeling that way about things has allowed many shootings, robberies, and murders...of churchgoers and employees...

...I believe that God will protect Christians while we worship/serve Him...I also believe He'll use well-armed, well-trained men to do it...

...history bears witness that that's true...to believe there is no need to carry a gun to church is naïve at best...the facts in the news in the last ten years prove otherwise...

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Bad things happen in churches. Even our beloved DHS has a emergency planning guide for religious institutions that includes a section on "active shooter" situations.
http://rems.ed.gov/docs/Developing_EOPs_for_Houses_of_Worship_FINAL.pdf

BTW, we really should get that "active shooter" term out of the vocabulary. A better term is "would be mass murderer".

Reactions: TN_Mike and Snub44

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
HA HA HA!!!!!:rofl: Even Mississippi realizes that Tennessee is better!!! Love it!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Those who go to church expect peace all over the world no matter what belief or faith (aside from Muslim Terrorists).
Going to church is a time to experience the people of God without worrying about carrying a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun in church then don't go that Sunday or Saturday or whatever day. Stay home and pray for peace with your God.

Perhaps, some people need to google church related shootings...there are still people who don't care whether God is present or not, not to mention the person who may be going through a domestic relations problem and the other half desires to release their anger insdie the church.

Church shootings on rise in U.S.

Ministry Violence Statistics

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ch-shootings-11-years-comprehensive-list.html

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/22665128/lexington-church-shooting

Your're right, everyone has a right to worship in peace, and many in my church, which is very large, intend on allowing that to occur. Note where the last shooting took place.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
Not 53,700% sure, but I think we can cc in church here in SC?! At least, I know quite a few people that do anyway......

I'm about 44,000% sure we can. :ahoi:

Reactions: perfection

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Not 53,700% sure, but I think we can cc in church here in SC?! At least, I know quite a few people that do anyway......

I'm about 44,000% sure we can. :ahoi:

I saw your "welcome" post for a new member and you're in Myrtle Beach....awwww, the land of golf and great seafood...love those buffet styled seafood places along the water...

Golf is my second love after my wife...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I respect your opinion but disagree.

For me personally, I am not a different person on Sunday. I don't get transformed into a pacifist with zero situational awareness and suddenly expect nothing but peace. That will have to wait until I am in heaven. Unfortunately, while I still remain in this world there will be the possibility that someone could try to do me or my loved ones harm, whether at home, shopping or worship. I carry every Sunday at my home church here in TN and it doesn't prevent me from drawing close to God.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts