Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In talking to a friend of mine over the weekend he shared his conversation with me about visiting a Cici's Pizza near the Charlotte NC area. Cici's has a "Sign" stating no weapons guns or knives picture. He removed his firearm and locked it up in his vehicle. Upon entering he asked to speak to the manager on duty. He point blank asked the manager why the sign was up and why he as a CCW holder in the state couldn't practice his 2nd amendment rights. The manager told him that he understood his concerns and that it was a corporate rule. He went on to say that many others had addressed the same concern to him. The manager said it was his take that because of the small children in the restaurant it was corporates reason behind the sign. He went on to say if it was my call (meaning the managers) he would allow conceal carry for safety of his own, his staff and others within the establishment. The manager offered corporates home office telephone number and told him he could contact them for more details. I will let you know what type of reply the home office gives when I hear back from him.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The restaurant he went to was in Charlotte near the university. I am going to Kannapolis later today. I figured I would drive by the store front to see if they have a sign posted. Interesting to hear that the above places didn't have a sign.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
the one we frequent here in Greenville is not posted, but the area and clientele is getting such that we don't go very often anymore.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have eaten at two CiCi's. One in High Point, NC and in Asheboro, NC and neither one was posted on my last visits.

·
Registered
944 Posts
None of the CiCi's in the Oklahoma City area are posted, that I have seen (and that would be a fair number of them). Doesn't sound like a "corporate thing" to me...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with my friend that had the encounter this weekend. Corporate informed him that Cici's is a "franchise" and that the "franchise owners" make the call on allowing conceal carry not corporate. So we figure that the so called manager was either not the real manager or rather just trying to cast the blame on corporate to make the conversation go away. I shared the comments from all that posted of other stores that didn't have the signs. I told him if you must eat Cici's find a store front that allows you to carry.
Thanks to all that commented on the post. Be safe and well during this holiday season. Peace

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
I, and thousands of others, will be attending the NRA convention in Charlotte next May.

I, and thousands of others, are looking for restaurants to either patronize, or avoid during that time period.

Make sure the management hears about that!

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
I've never seen a posted CiCi's in Florida.
Well, why would they? Signs are meaningless in FL...:hand1:

I've yet to see a meaningless sign in the last 9 years.:ticking:

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Well, why would they? Signs are meaningless in FL...:hand1:

I've yet to see a meaningless sign in the last 9 years.:ticking:
Visit a Jared's jewelry store. Both of the ones near me claim that not only can you not bring a gun into their store, you can't have one in the parking lot (even the one in a strip mall tries to claim dominion over the entire lot).

It's good for a laugh.

Matt

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Keep in mind that "Corporate Policy" doesn't have to mean Cici's Pizza corporate. My guess is that a small corporation has purchased several Cici's franchise locations and has put up the no carry signs. Find out who the owner corp is and that is who you need to talk to.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
We have a Cici's near where I live, and I can truthfully say that I have never been there. If a "no firearms" sign is posted, I wouldn't know.

Might have to run by sometime and look.

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
Forgive my ignorance please.

I've never been to a Cici's before. Are they licensed to serve alcohol? If so. isn't the signage redundant in NC as you can't carry in a licensed establishment there anyway?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.