Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have given up on pocket carry. All the guns I've tried have had one problem or another; to include just being too small to have confidence with getting a good grip under stress, etc. and shooting at least moderately comfortably at the range.
The LCP II looks pretty interesting.
Might it be a nice compromise all things considered?
Thanks.

·
Banned
122 Posts
I thought so. Bought one and like it a lot. Shoots great and fits my needs for a pocket gun. They fixed all the issues with the LCP and LCP Pro with the LCPII

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Meh. Three gen 1 LCPs live here and they are by far our most often carried pistols.

The II is larger and won't fit lasers, holsters etc for the original. Big miss on Ruger's part.

Never understood all the caterwauling about the original LCP. Don't like the idea of a fully cocked gun in my pocket with nothing but a trigger dingus as a safety, like on the II.

Smoked everyone at a low light class with my laser equipped LCP, so I recon it'll do.

If you want small, get the original. If you can carry a bit larger then consider the II if you want to.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The difference in size from the original to the 2 is very very little. Search LCP vs LCP2 and you will find many comparisons.
Either is a fine pocket pistol.

As far as the trigger, it's pretty stiff but much shorter than the original, keep it in a holster and there is no issue. The type of trigger doesn't really matter if you follow safe practices.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
The difference in size from the original to the 2 is very very little. Search LCP vs LCP2 and you will find many comparisons.
Either is a fine pocket pistol.

As far as the trigger, it's pretty stiff but much shorter than the original, keep it in a holster and there is no issue. The type of trigger doesn't really matter if you follow safe practices.
Yes. I believe a holster is key. It sounds like some here aren't using them. Otherwise the II is every bit as safe as the long terrible trigger pull of the first generation.
I like the way the Custom had a decent trigger with no flex. I guess it was similar to the aftermarket Galloway trigger installed in the I. The II's trigger has a very nice, short pull. Some might think the pull is too light or too short for a striker gun.
The II's sights do look nicer, but the Custom's were easier for me to pick up for a slower shot, so that's the one I kept. Size difference was negligible.

Just an opinion from someone who had all three.

A Custom and a II

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't think you are going to get much argument that the LCP in whatever iteration, is a pretty neat little pocket pistol. I've always wanted a small pistol like the LCP. Every time I went to the range and a buddy pulled out an LCP, a S&W bodyguard or what have you, I always longed for one. Now, considering they are in the $400 range, it's not like I would have to sweat too much to pick one up, but I didn't. Why?

I didn't because for me, a pocket gun should be able to go in the pocket in a pinch without a holster. I said in a pinch. None of those little .380's would ever fit that role. A DA revolver would, but they were too bulky for me in the summer months. But I still needed something small & light. I ended up getting a little G42, and I'll never regret that decision. I carry it IWB and it does everything I could want when light and thin is the call of the day.

But that was before the RM380 came out. Now here's a little .380 belly gun that's a true DA. The one I handled would easily fit the role of a pocket gun that you could throw into an empty blazer pocket sans holster. Again, I'm not advocating you do that, but it's nice knowing you can in a pinch. Moreover, i have read nothing but good things about the pistol short of those who still feel massive sights on a belly gun are needed.

Anyway, give it a look I say. It's a nice little pistol and I'll probably get one one day even though I have my G42. Here's a review that talks a little on the trigger if you are interested: Masterful Micro: Remington RM380 Review - Gun Digest

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
That's actually a nice looking pistol. Reminds me of a Rohrbaugh. (sp?)

ETA: I just read the link. No wonder it reminds me of a Rohrbaugh.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Look at Sig 238(380) or 938(9mm). I carry mostly the 938 during the week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts