Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I finally recieved the second half of my army bonus and the wifey says I can buy one pistola. My choice is between citadel 3.5 inch 1911 blued and springfield champion 4 inch blued. Of course I want the springfield well because its a springfield. I dont know anything about the citadel. I definitely want another 1911 but I need more info. Anybody out there that has any info or advice for me would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Para USA has come out with one called the GI Expert that is also in the $500.00 range. I am looking closely at this one to add to my collection. Very clean, tight fit. White dot Novak sights. Polymer trigger that breaks very nicely at about 4 pounds. It would be worth considering and it is made in North Carolina not the Phillipines.

Armydad

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys. I will be going to about 5 gun shops today to check out their selection. I might have a new toy tonight. I will post with pics. thanks again.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I don't know about the other guns, but my Champion has been flawless, and my daily carry gun since 1994 when I picked up one of the first ones off the assembly line. It has been customized since, but it is definitely a gun I would bet my life on....

·
Registered
357 Posts
From the pictures I've seen, the Citadels look laser engraved, and poorly at that. In the music business, every overseas instrument that I have handled or worked on, that used that style of laser engraving, has been complete and total junk. I would definitely do your homework. I get the feeling that if Harbor Freight Tools carried guns, they would probably carry the Citadel. I hope that analogy works for you.

So, going off on a little tangent here, has anyone seen a high quality firearm with laser engraving as opposed to standard engraving or stamping? Since I haven't handled a Citadel maybe my first impressions are way off.

·
8,501 Posts
Citadel is made by the same people who make rock island pistols. They are made in the Phillipines and are a good buy for the money. They are good but not even close to being on par with a Springer though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Springfield Operator 4" with rail think there selling for about $900.00 what a SWEET pistol,my next purchase.Get it definetly get it! Hoorah!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Funny you posted this as I just came home from drooling over the 1911's at Gander Mtn. The guy handed me the Citadel 5" and the 3.5" blued. The gun is tight, and feels solid. The 5" had a ambi tumb safety, and both had the Novak sight set up. They were priced at $576. Not sure how they shoot, or hold up in the long run, but being almost $400 cheaper than the Springer, it would be worth it for a safe queen in the long run.

Just my $.02 worth.

Here is another thread on it:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-guns/65380-citadel-howa-1911s.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts