Defensive Carry banner

261 - 280 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Last I heard things were relatively quiet in Houston. We will have to see how things go after the funeral.

I think one of the things working in our favor is just about every time we get threatened by a hurricane one or the other local Sheriff is on T.V. talking about how looters can expect to be shot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not sure about Houston.
But the politicians and celebrities are showing their support for the rioters
Biden campaign staffers are paying for the bail of arrested rioters.

Got a link or source for this??
Asking for a friend.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It is also being reported on foxnews website.
Biden says cash bail is synonymous with debtors prison.
Got to keep his voters out of jail.
Wonder if inmates will get mail in ballots
Biden, as usual, is wrong. Can't a Democrat get anything right?

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
I stand corrected.
News of one guy in Dallas who they say confronted the protesters with a machete to protect his property and got beat down pretty good

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
What round for looters? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sitting on the porch enjoying some fried chicken, tomatoes from the garden and pimento cheese. M1 Garand propped up behind the rocker, Colt on my hip, extra en bloc clips on the table next to my emergency pork rinds.

Nothing says get off my lawn like the Garand/Colt ombo.

All good here.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
"We will get through this because we're Houston," the chief said. We will not let people come into our city and tear it up. And I'm hear to tell you, that don't take our kindness for weakness because when you try to tear up our city, you're not going to have to face the police. You're going to have to face the people of Houston. We will not let the memory of George Floyd be hijacked by anarchists that are doing Satan's work."
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/hpd-chief-art-acevedo-emotional-george-floyd-speech-raw-video/285-696743c4-c3e7-41f6-a8c7-27e53ecb1e40

Last I read there have been a total of 137 arrests and 8 officers with minor injuries since it all began. A couple of businesses downtown near HPD HQ broken into and vandalized.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Well, the media (as far as I can provide concrete link's) has been somewhat tight lipped as to what has transpired here. Number's jump between 137-200 arrested for various infractions for damage & "some"(?) looting. These #'s include Friday-Saturday(?). A welcome relief has been rain (down in town for a good part of today), SO I guess we'll have to wait & see. I do think "in general" things are better here. The Governor did activate the National Guard which is good. My understanding is, he also sent "major deployments" of the State Police (DPS) to all the major cities here, to reinforce local LEO's. My brother lives/works in one of the "truly depressed/ghetto" area's of town (Acres Homes), and I've heard nothing from him. I just think that people in Houston, while rightfully upset at what transpired, have never been able to coalesce, into the type of groups being seen in other area's, because Houston is "SO SPREAD OUT". Maybe to, the antifa's didn't bring a bunch of "outside rabble-rousers". Like I've said, not getting coverage here like elsewhere.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
I'm sitting on the porch enjoying some fried chicken, tomatoes from the garden and pimento cheese. M1 Garand propped up behind the rocker, Colt on my hip, extra en bloc clips on the table next to my emergency pork rinds.

All good here.
Now that’s keeping it classy.
Old school is still the best.
.30 caliber will sure make a fine hole.
Bit more firepower than the .556
Love it!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The curfew starts in multiple neighborhoods in Dallas at 7 tonight and ends at 6am. Of course this will not deter Antifa or the rest of the rioting terrorists.

I have a good friend who lives near downtown and she’s on lockdown. She and her husband are quite a bit “left” of me... nice people but don’t have guns. I offered to loan her one yesterday and she turned it down. I also offered them to stay with us, but they didn’t want to. I told her to turn her Arlo on to the highest sensitivity and longest recording time and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts

All good here.
:haha: @KILTED COWBOY you fail to acknowledge the "real preparedness" of "our southern brother in arms"! :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm sick of hearing the media use the phase 'peaceful protesters' who happen to be with the rioters. They are all rioters. The old St. John church in D.C. on fire is really too much. The only way to get them to stop is to stop using non lethal.

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
I'm sick of hearing the media use the phase 'peaceful protesters' who happen to be with the rioters. They are all rioters. The old St. John church in D.C. on fire is really too much. The only way to get them to stop is to stop using non lethal.
It's really a shame because that's such a historic church. One of the FOX newscasters said the fireman have to respect the perimeter the police have set up and may not be able to get to the church. Are you kidding me!:1581:

If they attack the American History Museum of the Smithsonian, or the Space Museum, or the National Gallery of Art...will that be enough for the police to get serious and stop this?

Maybe we let the Antifa "protesters" rob us of all our national treasures, now that the businesses have been destroyed.

If there was ever a time a National emergency should be called and the military sent in...this is it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
so should we remaining Americans organize, promote, educate, supply, and train ourselves because we are similarly surrounded by those who hate us.
Remaining Americans. That really hit me. I'll be thinking on that for some time.
I didn't realize it before but I've been keeping an ear out for those "Remaining Americans". Can it be there are so few left ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jean I heard the same about respecting the perimeter. I couldn't hardly watch, and I couldn't hardly not watch. The Smithsonian...can't imagine. The Atlanta police that pulled those two out of their car and got a little rough and ended up getting fired. Those people said they were not part of it and just driving through, I don't believe it. Maybe riding around just looking but still shouldn't have been there during that, asking for trouble. The police can get hit in the head with a brick, nothing happens. They rough up someone and loose their job. I'm surprised more didn't join the and quit too. N.Y. mayor (really?) doesn't want any National Guard, what an idiot. Throwing a smoke bomb (?) in a horse trailer in Tulsa. I guess we're all seeing more than we can imagine. On the bright side; Philadelphia citizens were guarding a Target store. I can't believe we haven't seen more concealed weapon permit holders having to defend themselves, but then again they avoided the area.

261 - 280 of 362 Posts