Defensive Carry banner

281 - 300 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Remaining Americans. That really hit me. I'll be thinking on that for some time.
I didn't realize it before but I've been keeping an ear out for those "Remaining Americans". Can it be there are so few left ?
I believe we number slightly less than half the population now. And that is not considering all the illegals who seem to be undeclared citizens these days. We certainly cannot steer the popular vote and our hold on the electoral college is steadily diminishing.

Throw the citizens (subjects) bread and entertain them with games of violence while the puppet masters administer their social engineering from behind the curtains.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
When I read about the Fedex truck being detoured off of I-70 at St.Louis I thought right away about the L.A. riots. Hard to forget the image of that truck driver in L.A. being drug out of his truck and somebody taking a concrete block to his head.
So sad that these thugs use the ruse of injustice as an excuse for their crimes against humanity. So many humane ways to bring attention to a cause without the violence and they know it too.
So one thug got dragged to his death by a frightened truck driver. A truck driver that was living the nightmare that nearly any sane person has these days when we have all seen the animal acts caused by mob violence. And still these thugs don't understand how lucky they are that only one of them got dragged to his death when they created a situation that could have caused a whole lot more of them to die.
For every one person who dies at the hands of a heartless police officer there are thousands of thugs who get more than one undeserved chance at life because someone was compassionate and just had a general respect for human life. And in return their compassion is met with uncaring mob mentality.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
Dusk to dawn curfews. Anyone violating is arrested. Time for tear gas and rubber bullets and massive police and guard presence.

Because mayors didn't tamp this down early, most cities have lost control.

Atlanta for the most part was under control last night. Police used tear gas to break up the crowds. So far 230 have been arrested. Streets were lined with guard and police.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I have a college age niece who informed her mom that she wanted to go out and protest.
My brother in law passed on years ago and I have felt a certain responsibility to his kids ever since.
They live close to us. She is your typical liberal college kid.
I went over there yesterday and informed her in so many words that she is not going to go.
She said I could not stop her. I went out and disabled her car, took her keys, and told her the next step is I would make her live at my house for a while until she got that idea out of her head.
She will hate me in the short term, I know by the look in her eyes she knew I was dead serious and she has a healthy fear of me.
I will do whatever it takes to keep my family safe.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
I have a college age niece who informed her mom that she wanted to go out and protest.
My brother in law passed on years ago and I have felt a certain responsibility to his kids ever since.
I went over there yesterday and informed her in so many words that she is not going to go.
She said I could not stop her. I went out and disabled her car, took her keys, and told her the next step is I would make her live at my house for a while until she got that idea out of her head.
She will hate me in the short term, I know by the look in her eyes she knew I was dead serious and she has a healthy fear of me.
If many of these punks had strong leaders and role models in their lives, we'd have a lot less of the crap going on.

Kudos to you sir.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Under Colorado state law, depriving someone (family member) of the use of the automobile, hiding the keys, etc. meets the definition of domestic violence. I kid you not! If accused of domestic violence, red-flag laws can be instituted and deprive you of your firearms, and it may not be a good time to be disarmed with all that's going on.
The inmates are running the asylum.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Under Colorado state law, depriving someone of the use of the automobile, hiding the keys, etc. meets the definition of domestic violence. I kid you not! If accused of domestic violence, red-flag laws can be instituted and deprive you of your firearms, and it may not be a good time to be disarmed with all that's going on.
No worries, I own the car. I gave it to her when she graduated from high school.
Regardless I will do what I have to do to keep her and the rest of my family safe.
Mamma bears have nothing on me when it comes to keeping my cubs safe.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Under Colorado state law, depriving someone of the use of the automobile, hiding the keys, etc. meets the definition of domestic violence. I kid you not! If accused of domestic violence, red-flag laws can be instituted and deprive you of your firearms, and it may not be a good time to be disarmed with all that's going on.
The inmates are running the asylum.
I understand the reason behind that law, but in this case it would be to keep the owner of the car safe... similar to taking the keys from someone who is falling down drunk and demanding to drive home.

Still, teens are very creative so she can call a friend for a ride if she really wants to up the ante. You can only do so much to protect them from themselves.

·
Registered
334 Posts
So, to teach her a lesson you vandalized her car. Did I get that right? It is OK to force your will on someone else?

I know you want to be the good uncle, but IMO that was wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
No worries, I own the car. I gave it to her when she graduated from high school.
Regardless I will do what I have to do to keep her and the rest of my family safe.
Mamma bears have nothing on me when it comes to keeping my cubs safe.
So, to teach her a lesson you vandalized her car. Did I get that right? It is OK to force your will on someone else?

I believe, since he is the "tittle holder," he could do as he pleases with it. He "merely ALLOWS her the use of it"!

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts

He didn't vandalize her car, he disabled it so it wouldn't start.

Parents "force their will" on their children all the time, to keep them safe, because they don't understand the consequences of their actions. They don't have the life experience to know better yet.

These "protests" are getting very dangerous for all involved. If she goes and is seriously injured, or God forbid, killed...taking the keys away is a small price to pay to prevent it.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

If you read my last post. I legally own the car. I will do what I want with it.
With the permission of her mother, my sister in law. I will handle my family the way we see fit. As long as she is financially dependent on us, she will follow our rules.
Sir, you can handle your family the way you feel is right.
I appreciate your opinion.

·
Registered
334 Posts
He didn't vandalize her car, he disabled it so it wouldn't start.

Parents "force their will" on their children all the time, to keep them safe, because they don't understand the consequences of their actions. They don't have the life experience to know better yet.

These "protests" are getting very dangerous for all involved. If she goes and is seriously injured, or God forbid, killed...taking the keys away is a small price to pay to prevent it.
He is not her parent and it sounds like he is not the registered owner of the vehicle. It is admirable to counsel the young lady. But not forcibly impose your own will on that person if they are an adult.

That is something liberals like to do. YMMV but that is my position and I am sticking to it :)

ETA: I just noticed where he said he is the titled owner

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
He is not her parent and it sounds like he is not the registered owner of the vehicle. It is admirable to counsel the young lady. But not forcibly impose your own will on that person if they are an adult.

That is something liberals like to do. YMMV but that is my position and I am sticking to it :)

ETA: If I came to your house and took the battery out of your car: would you consider that vandalism or a simple "disablement"?

He IS the owner, read the posts above. He also is a father figure as his brother-in-law passed away.

Coming to my house and disabling my car has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, there is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Still not much going on here in Houston. Media finally released some info on the arrests. 350 total, since last week. The overwhelming majority for "impeding traffic". They say (media), the big reason that things have "stayed peaceful", is HPD chief has moderated response. That would include walking with marcher's.

·
Registered
334 Posts
He IS the owner, read the posts above. He also is a father figure as his brother-in-law passed away.

Coming to my house and disabling my car has absolutely nothing to do with this situation, there is no comparison.
I had already changed my post :)

281 - 300 of 362 Posts