Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, does anyone else have a solution? I at least presented mine. What can be done to keep police in check and to make sure they are punished not only for the major incidents like we are talking about, but for the daily abuses of power, no matter how small?

I have always been anti-union. Not just police unions. But I think Police Unions are a train wreck.
I wish I could offer a solution but I cannot. I can only comment with my opinion. People do like quick resolution and quick retribution. As this is America due process of the law is mandatory and especially important in situations like this. Without due process the accused will be given the upper hand as in Florida where lack of due process had the Parkland school officer that failed to engage a active shooter reinstated with full back pay. We have all Monday morning corner backed a incident after reading the news report and even seeing a video. Sometimes all the details are there and sometimes not. I wish the process could move more quickly but due process is a right we all must preserve.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Bigger opportunity for free stuff and hell raising.
Yes, this and one highly suspects that civil unrest or rioting just might possibly be whipped up and well-organized by unseen, professional instigators.

(Love to be wrong on this.)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I don't pay property tax. I am excluded as a disabled vet in TX :) So, no, I will not complain.
Property tax, sales tax, it doesn’t really matter. They get their money from you and I.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Property tax, sales tax, it doesn’t really matter. They get their money from you and I.
Do you have a solution to keep LE in check? I presented my ideas. Unpopular as the might be. And I have also stuck my own neck out by going on a couple of "Audits" to check up on LE and also stand by my rights when confronted by LE.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
The rioting ,burning , looting is driven by people that will gain power form it. They fuel the fires . Always have always will. One thing for sure there will be no fair investigation for the LEO's . Already hung. there is more to what happened , we will never hear the rest of the story.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The rioting ,burning , looting is driven by people that will gain power form it. They fuel the fires . Always have always will. One thing for sure there will be no fair investigation for the LEO's . Already hung. there is more to what happened , we will never hear the rest of the story.
I think that all evidence would point to this being somewhat true, some times.
On the other hand, if an investigation were to determine the officer's culpability in said crime, he should probably actually hang... eye for an eye and all that. I don't believe in the death penalty though... but it would have had certain symmetry that's hard to ignore.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Can you name one, single thing that would justify what that cop did? Kneeling on the neck of an unresisting, cuffed, already restrained by two other officers laying on his legs and body?

I’m really interested in hearing what you think would justify that, I really am.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Do you have a solution to keep LE in check? I presented my ideas. Unpopular as the might be. And I have also stuck my own neck out by going on a couple of "Audits" to check up on LE and also stand by my rights when confronted by LE.
Yeah, get rid of police unions and hold the individual officers accountable for actions like this. The “audits” that I have seen are about as productive as burning down autozone.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, get rid of police unions and hold the individual officers accountable for actions like this. The “audits” that I have seen are about as productive as burning down autozone.
Most are LOL. I agree with that. Most are a bunch of idiots. There are a few good ones out there :) YMMV

Regardless if they are DB's or not, the point they show is that there is a glaring abuse of police powers.

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
The mob, once emboldened, and enticed to the point of action, becomes a mindless, destructive collective. It makes no nevermind the make-up of the mob.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Deleted. Pic had graffiti with profanity in background. :spankme:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Then, of course, another issue is how the mindset of people on the street has ended up being such that they feel they have the personal authority to defy the instructions of a police officer, resist, and elevate the situation to the point of necessary force? If people would just do as they are asked and comply with the LEOs then escalation to a brawl might be avoided. What ever happened to Yes Sir, No Sir, Thank You Sir, Have a Safe Day.
Absolutely, that attitude and being honest about having a firearm in the car (yes, I understand LEO's don't have to be told) has gotten me out of speeding tickets by the Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
34,771 Posts
Yes, this and one highly suspects that civil unrest or rioting just might possibly be whipped up and well-organized by unseen, professional instigators.

(Love to be wrong on this.)

With some people, I don't think it takes much whipping up by anyone, just anything for an excuse.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you name one, single thing that would justify what that cop did? Kneeling on the neck of an unresisting, cuffed, already restrained by two other officers laying on his legs and body?

I’m really interested in hearing what you think would justify that, I really am.
As previously stated. Hearing the rest of the story. People are innocent until proven guilty so letting it play out is crucial. Ask Trump about what implications false accusations can have.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
As previously stated. Hearing the rest of the story. People are innocent until proven guilty so letting it play out is crucial. Ask Trump about what implications false accusations can have.

“Hearing the other side” implies that the actions are somehow justified...I’m interested in hearing what you think those justifications would be.

Reactions: Militant

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
There is a thing called peaceful protesting....And while i believe protesting rarely gets results people are looking for.....

I never understood the relationship between a misjustice and looting a TV or anything else.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I will echo the above and add some

1. Dont live in a urban zone unless you can help it for sure
2. Invest in a good gas mask and filters ... No not just a face mask . tear gas etc drifts ..You dont want to deal with that .... This is esp true if your in a city
3. Def have a good gun ..Me I think this might the one time the many many non lethal options for 12 gauge would be good ... But failing that I think a auto loading rifle would be ideal remember the roof koreans ... Nothing said dont loot like a withering hail of 7.62x39 fire in there direction ......
4. Def have good armor and medical gear ..Help might not come or you cant get a medical center ..You will be on your own

I think this summer we are going to see a lot worst ..The poltical air is boiling right now and with the heat coming its going to be a rough summer for many cities I think

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Not knowing all the facts....I do believe one of those other officers should have stepped in.
If the accused officer had a problem with that....Then that is what superiors are there for... To handle things afterwards....
And that's what the police gym is for!

More video will surface in the age of cell phones and everyone taping stuff as well as security camera footage from nearby businesses.

21 - 40 of 362 Posts