Defensive Carry banner

121 - 140 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think it's hilarious that they burn down their own town because they're pissed off. I hope they burn the whole town down. The freeloads will use any excuse to get something for free.

How long do you think it would take for a bunch of 2nd amendment supports that were protesting, looting and burning down buildings before the national guard would be sent in to arrest them?

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
No, of course not, and I did not imply that rioters should be allowed to run free and create mayhem.

There are riot control techniques that can be used - but to use there there must be riot control presence. It appears Minneapolis and the state were caught flat-footed, however.

As for riot control, it's not my wheelhouse, but I'm pretty sure that there are other techniques instead of state actors shooting looters.

Really, what do you think will happen if pictures of dead looters with national guard in the background are televised?
Come on. You'll have riots in every major metropolitan area, and those riots will make Minneapolis look like child's play.

The bottom line was Trump's "looting starts/shooting starts" was an empty threat, and it created a huge distraction that he doesn't need right now.
I guess we are just not going to agree on this one brother.
I can't subscribe to the notion that if the optics are bad, you shouldn't do what is necessary to maintain law and order.

·
Super Moderator
18,248 Posts
The students and their agitators were not lily white at Kent State. That fact has been conveniently swept under the rug for 50 years now by those who still like to waive the injustice of the Kent State episode in America's face.

This article is not even written from a conservative viewpoint, but student violence and criminal actions get a mention even in it.

"At the time, members of the National Guard were already on duty in the region, and thus were mobilized fairly quickly. By the time they arrived at the Kent State campus on the night of May 2nd, however, protesters had already set fire to the school’s ROTC building, and scores were watching and cheering as it burned."

https://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/kent-state-shooting

Sorry, but they asked for it, whether the eruption of Guard gunfire was intentional or not.

Consequences and all that, ya' know.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I don't understand why you think it is okay for someone to shoot looters to protect their property, but not okay for the National Guard to do the same thing to protect lives and property.
That is what they are there for. I do believe it will be the tool of last resort. Please do not use the Kent State example, they were unarmed student protesters not rioters and looters wishing to cause mayhem.
What would you think if a guard unit just stood there and did nothing while your place was being burned down.
The NG has options that you and I don't have. I don't have a water cannon, tear gas, etc. Nor do I have the ability for show-of-force that they do. I'm not saying firearms are never an option, only that, as you say, they should be the last resort.

If crowd control is maintained properly, hopefully the looting would be minimal.

I'm pretty confident that if government LE (NG and others) started gunning down rioters in the streets, we would have a much worse problem on our hands, probably on a national scale. It will be like the phrase that we keep saying about government lockdowns for covid-19. "The cure is worse than the disease."

Edit: What I would prefer to see is business and property owners take the defense of their property in their own hands, like the Koreans did in LA. But that has to be very organized, as one man protecting his business alone may have a very difficult time against a mob of 20 or 30 people who are intent on getting inside. Of course, once the rounds start flying, they may back off and move on to an easier target.

·
Premium Member
33,759 Posts
Agreed. When on the payroll of your employer, that is not the time to protest. That's a personal time activity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
That's between the employee and employer.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
It’s funny how people can do so much damage to their own cause. When Police are wrong, they are criticized for it, and deserve it. However, when people want to use that as a reason to burn down their city, people will side with police when they show up in riot gear. Maybe the “protestors” should think about this. Or is it time to admit that the people doing all this would say “George who?”.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another option is to just do what @rpflash100 stated in another thread.
Let it Burn.
Hey now....
Remember, I'm on these boards, I'm no shrinking violet. If someone approaches you with harmful intent, I fully expect you to end them....

One of the local bakers said it best about his business, "let it burn down, they deserve justice."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Hey now....
Remember, I'm on these boards, I'm no shrinking violet. If someone approaches you with harmful intent, I fully expect you to end them....

One of the local bakers said it best about his business, "let it burn down, they deserve justice."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Just messing with you my friend!

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
The Wall St. Journal reports today that Trump tweeted about a telephone call he had with the MN Governor. He added a criticism of the rioting. He criticized the Minne mayor for not doing anything and called the rioters "thugs." Twitter blocked Trump's tweet, in violation of their own policy.

·
Premium Member
33,759 Posts
Go to your employer ahead of time and ask permission? No problem. I doubt very seriously he did that, though.
Again, that's between the employee and employer, not really any of my business.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Armed Citizens Stand Guard Against Looters In Minneapolis
A small group of self-described “heavily armed rednecks” guarded several shops against looters Wednesday night as riots erupted across Minneapolis.

When Minnesota Reformer reporter Max Nesterak asked two men with rifles standing outside a tobacco shop to identify themselves, one man responded, “free Americans.”

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/28/armed-citizens-looting-minneapolis-george-floyd-riots/

:yup:

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
I heard that a CNN news crew got arrested for not leaving an area they were supposed to clear out from.
Guess that will be all over their news reports today.
Sure they will be screaming freedom of the press.

·
Premium Member
7,338 Posts
The President has clarified his tweet:

Looting leads to shooting, and that’s why a man was shot and killed in Minneapolis on Wednesday night - or look at what just happened in Louisville with 7 people shot. I don’t want this to happen, and that’s what the expression put out last night means....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Two completely different things.

Plenty of white people have been killed by cops too, yet no riots break out. Why is that?
You still have faith in the system but just barely.

We are headed for a real
****storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nobody is harder on bad cop than good cops. What people do not understand, the cop they don't like, that are jerks, the other cops don't like them either.
That sounds like a cop out, pun intended.

If he’s a bad cop and you witness him doing bad things ARREST HIM OR YOU, TOO, ARE A BAD COP.

If I witness my neighbor shooting his firearm during the New Year Holiday and don’t call it in I’m no damned better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 362 Posts