Defensive Carry banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
it amazes me that anyone waits until something like Covid 19 or Minneapolis happens before they buy a gun. Seems like buying a fire extinguisher after your house burns down from a kitchen fire.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
it amazes me that anyone waits until something like Covid 19 or Minneapolis happens before they buy a gun. Seems like buying a fire extinguisher after your house burns down from a kitchen fire.

It can't happen here .............................................................
..... and then it does.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wised up long time ago. Dollar Bill Clinton schooled me back when he was Prez and he had that 'assault weapons ban'. Once it sunseted under Bush, I got what I needed. Runs on guns and ammo now amuse me.

·
Registered
8,811 Posts
I've got a 4" M29-3 that I had cut for moon clips, sacrilegious to defile it I know, but I did use it to make Master in USPSA Revolver Division.

But a 6 1/2"? ooohhh I'm jealous! If I could find one maybe I'd control myself!
I also have M-29-2 in 4'' barrel.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I wised up long time ago. Dollar Bill Clinton schooled me back when he was Prez and he had that 'assault weapons ban'. Once it sunseted under Bush, I got what I needed. Runs on guns and ammo now amuse me.
DS, we have this in common, my friend.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Runs on guns and ammo now amuse me.
Likewise.

I assume most members here are like me in having enough guns and ammo on hand that the only problem would be if the mob coming for me was so large that they overwhelmed my position faster than I could mow them down. In which case more guns and ammo wouldn't help.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It can't happen here .............................................................
..... and then it does.
Reactive > proactive for many, stocking up, nah.
Works the same way with carry; I try to encourage proactive (carry something that would be preferred in hand, regardless of location) - oh well.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I got all I need.
Learned my lesson long ago.
I do believe that this year the shortage my last for quite a while.
We have a trifecta happening.
Pandemic
Election year
Riots in the streets all over the country
You would be nuts not to stay stocked up

·
Registered
71 Posts
What I have found in my older age is.... a rifle, shotgun (maybe), and pistol are all you really gonna need if civil unrest comes to town

If in a place like Texas (where I'm at) my Bushie AR, Glock 26, and Mossie Mariner 12 will do the trick.

If in a totalitarian state like California... Rossi levergun (.357 or .44 I don't care which), Ruger GP-100 (I prefer 3 inchers), and again a Mossie 12 if you got 'em.

Do have a good supply of ammo. Don't need a billion rounds but a couple hundred will see you through the night(s).

Just make sure you are good with them and you know the laws well.

Deaf

21 - 30 of 30 Posts