Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new with guns so please give me a hand!

After shooting my HK 9mm P2000sk I come home & clean it. When I clean the barrel w/ bore cleaner I used that metal brush thing that goes in the barrel, but I only have the metal brush for a .40cal is this ok? I don't want to scratch or mess anything up.

thanks

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well, if the brush fit through without too much effort, I'd say you're fine. One thing I would suggest with that though is that you take the brush off the rod after it exits the muzzle instead of pulling it back through....that way you may avoid screwing up your metal brush. Glocks use a nylon brush and one size fits all.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You should use the proper size brush; ie 9mm brush for 9mm barrel.

A Boresnake works well too for cleaning the barrel; I have one for every caliber pistol I own.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm way off base...but unless the brush is made out of a metal harder than the barrel steel, I think it'd be awfully hard to damage the barrel through normal cleaning procedures...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Boresnake works really well on my P2000. Since HK has polygonal rifling, there's not grooves. The only spot you might want to get with a q tip is right behind the edge where the cartridge seats (about 3/4" from the back of the barrel). Some fouling accumulates there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts