Defensive Carry banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read my new Sig P320sc documentation which recommends Lucas Extreme Gun Grease and Oil. Sig has a nice video on how to efficiently clean and lube the P320. My first hurdle was the Lucas Gun Care line is not available near me. Searching online I stumbled on this enlightening article... https://www.realgunreviews.com/whats-really-in-gun-cleaners-lube/

I ended up with this satisfactory total solution...
Clean with CRC Brakleen...

Spray all parts with Ballistol, loosen any crud the Brakleen left (very little) with a brass brush and wipe off with 3m cloth, soak a few patches with Ballistol and run through barrel until little residue on patch (the Brakleen did the hard work), wipe down with 3m cloth. Now ready for lube...

Gease slide rail contact points (shown in Sig video) lightly with Lucas Marine Grease found at Lowes...

Lightly oil outer barrel with a 50/50 mix of Lucas Racing ZDDP Oil Additive and 10w40 Moble One Synthetic... emptied half of the 32oz Moble One, added the 16oz of additive and shook... total $27 for 32oz vs $10 for a 1oz tube. Additive found at local O'Riellys Auto Parts store...

Not only did this save big $$$... me and my range buddies have a near life time supply of grease and oil. Just thought I'd share. Cheers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.