Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it was the previous forum question about Cen~Dex holsters that made me revisit their holster web site. I noticed their CEN-DEX ON ICE!
They are now making holsters in this new material called PETG that I know absolutely NOTHING about. :confused:
It's similar to KYDEX but, it's CRYSTAL CLEAR.
I always carry in leather but, Question for you synthetic folks...Would you "Carry In Clear?"
Is this Clearly a good idea or a bad idea or no difference?

BELOW is a LINK to the exact web page & check out their Carbon Fiber holsters while you're there. Carbon Fiber is NICE STUFF!

Click Clear - I mean HERE to visit Cen-Dex Holsters!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm sure it is as durable as Kydex, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy one. It reminds me too much of that thin plastic you find everything packaged in these days.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering

If you had to de~holster - would it call less attention to your person because it would better blend in with your clothing.
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
In a word - YUK!!

Could well be tho at my age I am a die-hard traditionalist :biggrin:

`

·
Super Moderator
13,092 Posts
P95Carry said:
In a word - YUK!!

Could well be tho at my age I am a die-hard traditionalist :biggrin:
`
Well, I was trying to be reserved, but since you've said it, "YUK!!", I'll have to admit that was my reaction. Well, actually my first reaction was sissy. Now that was cold wasn't it? I didn't have to say that, oh well I've already said it now and it's too late to do anything about it. :rolleyes:

QKShooter said:
If you had to de~holster - would it call less attention to your person because it would better blend in with your clothing.
Just a thought.
It has been my personal observation that nothing hides detail like black. That's why, as beautiful as I think those tan and brown leather holsters with that contrasting white stitching are, I always buy black (with black stitching).

Certainly black will show up on lighter colors, but it will be a "blob" of black instead of a detail as disclosed by lighter colors.

·
Registered
310 Posts
You could buy one and have it covered in an exotic skin like leather. :biggrin:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Or has your kids paint it with Crayons and Majic Markers.......

Ok...seriously to answer your question. Id just get Black. Clear is for Water, windows and Classico Tequila....not holsters. :D

Shoot well......

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric

Clear is for Water, windows and Classico Tequila....not holsters.:rofl:

I'm a SOLID leather guy Eric.
Personally I feel that a cow can serve no finer purpose in this world than to offer itself for Milkshakes, BBQ, & Beautiful Leather Holsters!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I like leather, period. To me, it just feels right. Black plastic (Kydex or Carbon fiber) is okay I guess, but I would pick leather almost without exception. Clear plastic? I agree with Tangle.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Uh...OK. Not for me. Leather is the only option here.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Clear plastic would work well with an exotic or oddball pistol, like the Desert Eagle in gold tiger stripe....other than that, blech.

·
Registered
770 Posts
PETG is glorified PCV but its clear. Its made by DuPont...interesting material.
Shoot well.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
YUK is right! Looks cheap. Gimme a Blade-Tech or a Galco anyday. Sam Andrews if I want really classy!

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good Comments

I am really not much into the Clear Saran Wrap Look for any of my pistol holsters.

Hummm.......I WONDER when the gun makers are going to come out with a CLEAR POLYMER framed pistol? :confused: I'll just BET within the next few years there is a totally clear frame pistol on the dealer shelves.
Just Wondering if I'll buy a perfectly clear pistol...to go into a nice crystal clear holster.
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
perfectly clear pistol
Haha- and I'll still say a geriatric - YUK!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Gun?????? What gun???? DO YOU SEE A GUN????????? :hand4:
Shoot well.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I like poly holsters, but just don't like the look of the clear holsters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts