Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a Clinger Holster with the new Cushion Pad? I haven't heard much about it but I can't help but think it would make carrying IWB more comfy. Just not sure if it adds too much bulk to the holster/gun combo. It could be added to any holster really:

https://clingerholsters.com/shop-now/

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Don’t know about that, but I do have a Clinger Atom. Does that sorta count?
They do have a low price point.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a Clinger but the day the G-19 fell down my pants in church with the Clinger I decided that was the end of that. Just not reliable enough.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I don't think the comfort pad is a holster. Looks like it's a pad that Velcro's behind any of thier IWB holsters. I don't have one but it should make IWB more comfortable. I don't wear any tucked shirts and never liked Kydex against bare skin. I have something similar and it makes a world of difference.
Velcro can be secure as long as it's kept clean and this pad idea can be used on different holsters. Doesn't seem like a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't think the comfort pad is a holster. Looks like it's a pad that Velcro's behind any of thier IWB holsters. I don't have one but it should make IWB more comfortable. I don't wear any tucked shirts and never liked Kydex against bare skin. I have something similar and it makes a world of difference.
Velcro can be secure as long as it's kept clean and this pad idea can be used on different holsters. Doesn't seem like a bad idea.
It's a holster.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
$19 seems about $15 too much in my opinion.

It might make the iwb holster more comfortable, but I don't know if the added bulk would be worth it. Especially if you carry a revolver.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm sure it would make a kydex iwb holster more comfortable. It looks to be thin enough to be negligible on added bulk. Easy enough to add a wedge also.
It would take $92 dollars today to make up the purchasing power of that $20.00 dollar bill I had back in 1976 when I got out of high school.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Not on the link I provided. It's designed to use as a holster and not slip. It slips. One of the functions in the advertisement: Friction Holds Holster Inside Waistband Plus, look at the pics on my link.
Your link and the link provided in the O.P are two different holster ideas from Clinger.
I'm confused as to why there are posts about sticky type holsters from Clinger when the O.P is about Clingers comfort pad attaching to their holsters via the provided Velcro.

There is nothing on the Clinger site about the "Comfort Pad"product turning a Clinger holster into a non skid sticky type holster
Me thinks the link provided in the O.P was assumed to be about a sticky type holster and was not even read.

I have no doubt about what you say about your holster is true but it's off topic concerning the O.P.
I think, I guess, I'm pretty sure, maybe I'm confused and wrong but I don't think so. I read the O.P link and yours, two different subjects. :smile:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Your link and the link provided in the O.P are two different holster ideas from Clinger.

I think, I guess, I'm pretty sure, maybe I'm confused and wrong but I don't think so. I read the O.P link and yours, two different subjects. :smile:
Yeah, they're definitely talking about 2 different holsters sold by the same company....

As far as the "sticky" type holsters, one does really need to snug their pants down extra tight or carry a small/light gun (think p3at/lcp) for them to work they way they claim to work....either that or use them as a pocket holster instead of an IWB in which case you're still carrying a small((er)) gun

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the kydex Gear Holster with the Comfort Pad and like it. Mind you, this is not the Comfort Cling Holster that the other poster was talking about. Their kydex Gear Holster seems like any other kydex holster. It retains my S&W 3913 well enough. Nothing special or unique compared to other well-made kydex holsters in my opinion.

But the Comfort Pad that attaches to it makes a world of difference in comfort, especially when worn against the skin. It also doesn’t add any significant thickness, either, at least not for my handguns, but I only carry single stacks (3913 and 1911). The Comfort Pad attaches to any IWB holster, kydex or leather, regardless of make. It uses a number of 3M-type adhesive velcro “dots” about the size of a nickel. So you can peel off the Comfort Pad if you don’t want to use it. It came with enough velcro dots to be used with a second holster of the same size, or at least mine did. I liked it so much I bought another, larger sized Comfort Pad to use with a different, bigger holster (1911).

Their Hinge Holster looks interesting. After watching a video review of it, I almost wish I would’ve splurged the extra and gone with it along with the comfort pad. The hinged part allows it to better bend and comform to the curvature of the hip and waist. I’d be particularly interested to hear more from anyone who has their Hinge Holster, IWB or OWB.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This may be a response to a post a few months old, but if it helps anyone out, I figured why not. I like Clinger holsters. I've got 4 Stingray's, a No Print Wonder V2, and recently got the Gear holster which looks to be the new and improved Stingray with the Comfort Pad for my Springfield EMP. I mean, the holster is a kydex holster. Not much to say really. It works and has good retention. The Comfort pad really is just a pad that sticks onto the back so you have something soft between you and the holster. Its very minimal. I don't think i would of paid for it by itself, but since I was purchasing a holster it was 50% off or something like that when purchased at the same time. So to me it was worth it. Here's a few pics. You can see in the 1st photo how the pad kind of wraps around rather than just bulk it up. Disregard the dog hair. I dont think they are all like that! Its my dang husky mix!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts