Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried the universal ClipDraw on my Kahr 9 and was really surprised with it. With the amount of sitting and type of work I do it actully made it disappear under a tee shirt.The tape they use to hold it on really works and hold its. I use a C&S Dunk It to soak my guns and it stayed put after soaking for a few hours in it. I know some prefer a covered trigger guard and a holster because I am one who like having some leather ther too. It was something new to me to try and it really worked out well for me. I think I would use this for summer carry right now since I am in tee shirts alot and mostly get in and out of a vehicle alot. Since concelment is a major concern with me and where I go. I also carry a 38 snub in an ankle holster but sometimes with jeans it is a rather snug fit and the pants leg ride up unless I get longer pants. Everytime I get out I am almost always fixing my pants leg. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone interested.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad its working out for you! I saw the Clip Draw affixed to a compact 1911-style pistol, but it didn't suit me. If I have to leave my shirttail untucked, I find an IWB holster more comfortable. I'd be extremely leery of carrying a Condition One single-action without a good holster, anyway; the one I use has an indentation fitting the safety lever in the "locked" position, as well as covering the trigger. Using only a Clip Draw, I'd be constantly afraid the safety would be wiped to the "fire" position, exposed trigger . . . Even the grip safety wouldn't pacify me!

That's much less of a concern with a DAO design (such as your Kahr), of course. One idea I have, on occasion, used is the old Barami Hip Grip on my S&W M642. It allows the revolver to ride so low along my waistband as to be completely concealed by my paunch . . . er . . . loosely tucked shirt (yeah, loosely tucked, that's the ticket!). Not much for a fast draw, but deep concealment and fast draw often don't go well together.

I prefer pocket carry, but there's a trade-off there, too. Standing, with my hands casually in my pockets, it's extremely fast into action. From a seated position, forget it!

Life's full of compromises.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I used the ClipDraw on a Ruger P94 that I used to carry and it did ok. Now it's on a Bersa .380 and it works much better. I think the ClipDraw is best suited for use on the lighter guns, but on a tank like the Ruger you need a regular holster.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't have a ClipDraw per se, but the belt clip that is available for Kel-Tec P32's and P3-AT's works the same way. I usually carry mine in a pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, but occasionally I want to carry the little K-T IWB. I was also a bit unsettled about not having the trigger covered, especially on a gun with no external safety. The solution was suggested by a poster on The Kel-Tec Owner's group.

Now I clip the gun, in the holster, to my belt. The holster is very low-profile and does not add significant bulk. And even though the holster itself is only held in place by pressure, the Nemesis' non-slip outer shell, the same thing that makes it such a great pocket holster, keeps it in place inside the waistband on every draw.

·
Registered
269 Posts
cls12vg30 said:
"Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
- Bill Whittle
:coolsign:

Nice quote! :biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been using one of the original design models to carry my Seecamp Detonics for nearly twenty years now. You're right - the gun virtually disappears. With a stainless gun it's especially well-suited to summertime carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts