Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any personal experience with CMMG ARs? They seem to be a good deal (about $900 if you buy upper and lower separate). I was wondering if anyone has had any major problems with their rifles or the company itself. I also was wondering what the wait time is if i order online.`

Thanks, Laxer

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Don't know about the time from order to delivery as I bought my CMMG m4 upper NIB private sale(guy had ordered 3 and only built 2 out). I've been running it off and on for a few months now and haven't had any issues. The lines were all smooth, no jagged edges, everything staked properly, etc...
I have it on a stag lower and it's a good snug fit with no extra play or anything.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
You can build your own gun cheaper,buy a stripped lower for around 100.00,then buy a rifle kit from Delton or Model 1 sales for around 500.00,takes less than an hour to assemble the lowere receiver and it's ready to shoot for about 650.00 total

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since this is my first AR I would rather not have to build one but maybe I will if I decide to get more than one... Packin what gas system did you get for yours (carbine or midlength) because I've heard that there can be problems with a carbine gas system on a 16" barrel.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Aren't they located in Missouri? They aren't too far from Columbia. Fayette I think.

If so, they are pretty good. I know someone who has one and I've seen and handled several at their booth at gun shows in the past. I'd own one!

They are experienced machinists and I was told they have a CNC milling machine at their facility. They manufacture nice accessories and parts too.

Here is a very good comparison chart on M4's between the manufacturer's. You will see the CMMG is pretty close to a genuine Colt as compared to a lot of others. M4 Comparison Chart.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ordered an 18" stainless upper from them at the end of March and still don't have it. Hope it arrives soon.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
With all due respect sir, maybe you referenced the wrong column ? They are miles apart in the quality assurance aspect. :wave:
Yeah... My apologies. I have to be more careful with charts and stuff. Still getting used to my bifocals and computer viewing.

Thanks for catching that.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I ordered an 18" stainless upper from them at the end of March and still don't have it. Hope it arrives soon.
Me, too. I ordered a complete AR and was told it was going to be around December before I get it.

Customer service was outstanding. Lucas spent a lot of time with me customizing my choice. He offered suggestions as to what is a useful accessory, etc, etc, etc.

Just hope it gets here before Mr. O bans them all.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You can build your own gun cheaper,buy a stripped lower for around 100.00,then buy a rifle kit from Delton or Model 1 sales for around 500.00,takes less than an hour to assemble the lowere receiver and it's ready to shoot for about 650.00 total
Delton pretty much only deals with heavy barrels though right?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ordered an upper LAST July ('08) and waited until FEB. No end in sight, canceled and ordered a Stag lefty. Still took about 4-mos, but I got it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Very good guns. They've really taken a beating while trying to keep up with the Obama-driven demand. They are a VERY small shop and if they let something slip by in the QA department they WILL make it right. They make smaller quantities of quality gear. They can't be compared to Colt because they don't have a huge factory and hundreds of employees.

Jeff and John are good guys and used to be at every gun show waiting on customers. If you're looking at their stuff, have no fear. They're good people and they make even better products.

I've got a 16" Midlength MedCon and it's my go-to AR.

The biggest complaints I hear from people are the wait times. Well I've been waiting on a Stag upper for 6 months, it's just part of the game. Thank Obama for that. They won't sacrifice quality or customer service for speed of delivery.

As you said, it is pretty reasonably priced to buy the upper and lower seperate. The gain you get with a full rifle is 2 mags, sling, hard case, and a no BS lifetime warranty. That is one of the reasons I bought a CMMG AR: they're close and will fix my gun should something happen to it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Here is a great primer on AR's from another forum... tons of great info here.

Found this after I bought my AR, and I accidentally bought exactly what this guy recommends... CMMG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts