·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Just heard this on radio :mad:

Another crazy to add to the list. I doubt there was anyone in there carrying - or even in con' yellow to have seen him coming. Sounds like he may have been spaced out on something :frown:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
What ought to make for an interesting night on the local news. Glad to be leaving Cali tomorrow, and getting back to no-carry Maryland.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Wow that is a bummer. I was in Pismo last fall while on vacation. Just never know when it is going to happen.
Mike

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I sure wish I could carry to work. Federal facilities, etc., etc., etc. I'd carry everywhere if I could.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Been to that Denny's afew times over the years, as Pismo is a weekend destination for us who live/lived in the San Joaquin Valley. For many years, it was known as "Portagee Palmsprings", but the ethnic population moved from Portuguese to rich LA/SF weekenders who bought up all the hill property to the east, and built subdivisions, thereby moving a sleepy coastal town to a madhouse weekends and holidays. From Morro Bay to the north, to Lompoc to the south, it is almost solid homes along Hiway 1 and 101. Wife still likes to go over, but for me, it is too crowded now.

I bet they dont have 10 CCW'ers in all of San Luis Obispo County, as it's a liberal university crowd now in the county. I've never seen a gun shop anywhere near there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Euclidean said:
Of course the solution to this will be more gun control.
Exactly what a co-worker of mine said about this... He followed it up with the standard "those people would be alive if this person was not allowed to carry a gun."

Let's hope this did not involve a single CCW permit holder. If a victim was, then the Anti's will say it was obviously useless. If the shooter was, well we know what they will say..

Sending prayers to the familys of those involved too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is an example of one of the primary reasons I decided to start carrying: Random acts of violence when and where you least expect it. I don't intend to be one of those who's only defense is to duck under a table and hope he doesn't notice you. :madboxer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Isn't it ironic...

that in a state that doesn't allow A CCW (for most civilians), it's the state that you need one the MOST!!!!
Dave

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Wingman said:
that in a state that doesn't allow A CCW (for most civilians), it's the state that you need one the MOST!!!!
Dave
Not ironic at all, for BGs it simply a target rich environment. What could've ended the situation quickly and saved lives was "Shall Issue" legislation in all states and abolishment of any and all restricted zones (within reason of course).

How much difference could one or two legally armed citizens made at that Denny's, or Columbine, or any of the other senseless killing sprees? These Diane Feinstein, Charles Schumer types need to wake up and get the Hell out of office. <sorry for the rant, it's late, I'm tired>
Jack

·
Registered
69 Posts
We are in Pismo about once a month with our motorhome. Generally a very peaceful and safe area. We are shareholders in a beachfront RV park there and have never hesitated to let our kids wonder free. Nice downtown and city pier.

Goes to show that even in very nice, upscale areas we must always be aware. I shudder to think what it must have been like to be sitting there at the Pismo Dennys with your wife and kids eating a grand slam and be forced to deal with that. Even one competent CCW could have made a difference.

As to CA in general, it is true that the big blue state counties like LA, Marin, SF, etc., don't issue CCWs, but most of the interior rural ones do. However, with all the hoops one must jump through, there are only a little over 40,000 CCWs in the entire state.

The plus side is that with such few issued, there are very few rules and almost no "no carry" zones.

·
Registered
932 Posts
While this shooting is tragedy enough, even more tragic will be the Kalifornia response. Rather than making it easier for it's citizens to own and carry weapons to defend themselves against random acts of violence like this one, the commissars who run the Republic of K will probably use this as an excuse to enact even MORE gun control measures!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Maclean3

maclean3 said:
How much difference could one or two legally armed citizens made at that Denny's, or Columbine, or any of the other senseless killing sprees? These Diane Feinstein, Charles Schumer types need to wake up and get the Hell out of office. >
Jack
I'm GLAD you pursued my train of thought. I avoided the rant, but its something I think about every day when I send my kids to school or my wife shopping.

I never seem to run into the ones that VOTE for THESE PEOPLE(or admit it).
Relocation is in my future. Dave

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
the commissars who run the Republic of K will probably use this as an excuse to enact even MORE gun control measures!
Got me to thinking Bob - of one of the classic ''excuses'', or shall we say ''justifications'', for further control - the absurd - ''if it saves just one more life'' rhetoric!

That ''logic'' is so tissue thin I wonder how folks buy it at all - but seemingly a lot of anti's/sheep do. This was the lame argument used in Britain after Dunblane.

The absolute certainty is not ''if it saves just one more life'' - but rather the fact that MORE lives can/will be lost due to utter defencelessness. The fact too that gun laws, however draconian, rarely if ever affect the criminal element - the ones who are out to inflict harm in the first place.

And so it goes on - appeasement of the sheep! :frown:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Politicians just don't understand that criminals don't follow the law so making more laws is not the solution. I know, I am preaching to the choir, but I just had to say that.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
rachilders said:
the commissars who run the Republic of K will probably use this as an excuse to enact even MORE gun control measures!

I hear what you are saying,:aargh4:

But wouldn't that be like putting up a couple more street lights because a blind man fell crossing the street.:rolleyes:
It allows them to say they did something, even though it dosen't change anything.

Just by $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I don't think it actually happened. Not in the Anti-gunners Paradise. It's probably just state-sponsored terrorism to underscore the need for more state controls on guns.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yup. It's also job security because as long as there are people who do bad things, there will be politicians wanting to pass a law to stop it. I guess nobody's bothered to enlighten the politicians that BG's don't usually concern themselves with obeying the OLD laws, so why should they obey any new ones! The more things change, the more they stay the same... at least for the bad guys.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dingle1911 said:
Politicians just don't understand that criminals don't follow the law so making more laws is not the solution. I know, I am preaching to the choir, but I just had to say that.
I think the problem is that some politicians do understand that criminals don't follow the law. But those politicians don't really care as anti-gun laws are not about stopping crime but ensuring the populations dependency on the state.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts