Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

That’s what the Al Qaeda spokesman said. They didn’t correct it when they pronounced it accurate. :aargh4:

http://tinyurl.com/czvouza

Al Qaeda spokesman: Easy to buy U.S. guns

CNN Newsroom|Added on April 11, 2013 CNN's Joe Johns investigates if an Al Qaeda spokesman's critique of U.S. gun laws is accurate.

[Video]

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just emailed CNN. Seemed like an exercise in futility, but I had to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
CNN didn't correct it becuase they don't know the difference between full and semi auto... despite countless explanations.

·
Registered
46,044 Posts
If someone had a full auto for sale at a gun show, sure you could buy it--but you'd still have to go thru all the paperwork to take possession.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
CNN doesn't know a lot of things.

Reactions: Sky Pilot

·
Registered
562 Posts

That’s want the Al Qaeda spokesman said. They don’t correct it. :aargh4:

http://tinyurl.com/czvouza

:deadhorse: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :deadhorse: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :deadhorse: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :deadhorse:
Al Qaeda critiquing U.S. gun laws. Even CNN is smarter than that! What's next, Al Qaeda on Women's Lib, Al Qaeda on Religious Freedom, Al Qaeda on Human Rights, Al Qaeda on How to Decapitate a Defenseless Person ( a subject they actually do have some expertise in )? Where are the drones when you need one?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for a lecture from North Korea on how to get along with your neighbors!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Oh....my.....dear.....God. The ignorance of some is simply outstanding. Sure, you could probably buy a full auto firearm at a gun show, but you would still have to submit the proper paperwork and qualify for its purchase.

Individual requirements to purchase these weapons are:

1. Be a US Citizen at least 21 years old
2. Be of sane mind
3. Not an abuser of drugs or alcohol
4. Have never been convicted of a felony
5. Pay a $200.00 Federal Transfer Tax on each weapon purchased. (This is a one-time tax, not a yearly tax)
6. Fill out BATF Form 4 and submit to ATF. This involves getting a Signature of the "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" in your area signifying that he has no knowledge that you will use your weapon for anything other that lawful purposes
7. Have your fingerprints/photographs taken and submitted to BATF with the above application.

*** After approximately 90-120 days, during which time the FBI runs your prints to verify your identity, etc., the transfer will come back approved. Only after the transfer is approved can you take possession of your item.

I'm pretty sure that Al Qaeda would not want to go through all this expense and paperwork, when they can just go to the nearest border town in Mexico or contact the local Chinese, Russian, Latin or Italian mafia to buy one immediately and much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Don't be fooled. They are fully aware of the difference between semi and fully auto. They are just going to promote the statements that fit their agenda. And they will edit out the ones that do not. ...Like when ABC edited out Michelle O's claim that "kids" in Chicago were recently killed by automatic weapons. "Kids" being gang members ...and she was wrong about the weapons.

Reactions: DaveH

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't be fooled. They are fully aware of the difference between semi and fully auto. They are just going to promote the statements that fit their agenda.
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :yup: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :yup: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :yup: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ :yup: ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Abso-pea-picking-lutely

You beat me to it.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
SURE...you can buy a full-auto, if you get the $200 stamp...just like a suppressor, in fact, I waited 8 months to get mine (suppressor approval).
Perhaps I should have just skipped all that paper work and bought it at a gun show.:rofl:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Of course we can buy a fully automatic rifle at gun shows.

Also RPG's, hand grenades, M1 Abrahams tanks, I even got dibs on a drone or two.

CNN ceased to be a "news" agency years ago.

Reactions: Sontag

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,634 Posts
You can buy a full auto at a gun show, from a dealer, or from an individual depending on which state you live in. It just takes about nine months currently to get through the paper work, Chief Law Enforcement Officer signoff, background checks, and BATFE approval. Then you pay a $200.00 tax stamp for it. Oh, they also start at about $20,000.00 for one worth having and going through the paper work. I recently drooled on a full auto M-60 machine gun in a carrying case. They wanted $45,000.00 for it. Even if I could afford one, I couldn't afford the belt fed 7.62X51mm ammo to feed it for more than a very few minutes. If you ever take the full auto anywhere and forget the paperwork, you are going to jail. The same federal rules apply to silencers.

·
Super Moderator
18,256 Posts
If you ever take the full auto anywhere and forget the paperwork, you are going to jail. The same federal rules apply to silencers.
Actually, thats not quite correct. Technically, only the ATF has the authority to even ask.

Oh really? One might say.

I just had this discussion with a rather dimwitted LT. from the Little Rock PD. He advised me that he did have the authority to ask."How so?" I asked. "Oh I dont know "he said.He said that if I refused to cooperate that I could be charged."With what?" I asked. "Obstruction of Justice maybe" he stated.
I laughed at him. "I could get rich off of people like you" I told him. False arrest, charges that are made up and illegal siezure of property, to name a few.

So I then asked him if he could demand to see my tax statement from the IRS. "Of course not" he said.

"Oh really?" I said. "Then what gives you the authority to demand to see a tax stamp on my gun"? Of course he sputtered,popped and spit a bit. There is no legal justification for it. I've talked to the ATF about this.

There are lots of rumours and misinformation on the internet and there is no shortage of it on Class 3 stuff.

Lets say you do forget your paperwork and Mr. Policeman wants to see it. Whats the difference between forgetting that or driving your car without your liscence? Technically, there is no difference other than the perception of it. Are you going to jail for not having a DL? Usually not. There are other ways to prove that you have one.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
22,634 Posts
Actually, thats not quite correct. Technically, only the ATF has the authority to even ask.

Oh really? One might say.

I just had this discussion with a rather dimwitted LT. from the Little Rock PD. He advised me that he did have the authority to ask."How so?" I asked. "Oh I dont know "he said.He said that if I refused to cooperate that I could be charged."With what?" I asked. "Obstruction of Justice maybe" he stated.
I laughed at him. "I could get rich off of people like you" I told him. False arrest, charges that are made up and illegal siezure of property, to name a few.

So I then asked him if he could demand to see my tax statement from the IRS. "Of course not" he said.

"Oh really?" I said. "Then what gives you the authority to demand to see a tax stamp on my gun"? Of course he sputtered,popped and spit a bit. There is no legal justification for it. I've talked to the ATF about this.

There are lots of rumours and misinformation on the internet and there is no shortage of it on Class 3 stuff.

Lets say you do forget your paperwork and Mr. Policeman wants to see it. Whats the difference between forgetting that or driving your car without your liscence? Technically, there is no difference other than the perception of it. Are you going to jail for not having a DL? Usually not. There are other ways to prove that you have one.

You are technically correct. However, in many jurisdictions today you will find yourself in jail, having to get an attorney to get you out, and going through hell to get your Class III weapon back. I can't recommend you transport or carry a Class III without your paper work. In Eastern Oregon, the LEO would likely ask if he could shoot it. In downtown Portland, you will likely be in jail until it gets sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
18,256 Posts
You are technically correct. However, in many jurisdictions today you will find yourself in jail, having to get an attorney to get you out, and going through hell to get your Class III weapon back. I can't recommend you transport or carry a Class III without your paper work. In Eastern Oregon, the LEO would likely ask if he could shoot it. In downtown Portland, you will likely be in jail until it gets sorted out.
Unfortunatley, you are correct.
Ignorant cops make lawyers rich.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
When the liberals/media start conferring with and quoting Al Qaeda as a source for gun control, even they should realize how idiotic that makes them look. "And next, a top ranking Al Qaeda operative speaking from a remote cave in Pakistan describes how easy it is to buy a machine gun at an American gun show."

Really?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.