Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for Colorado
1. Can a non CCW person carry a loaded pistol in his car?
2. Can a CCW person carry loaded in his car?
3. Do either one of these have to notify the police when pulled over that they have a weapon in there possesion?

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Handgunlaw.us is an easy place to answer your questions. I'd recommend book marking it for future reference. Here's what that site tells you as far as yoour questions.

Must Inform Officer: NO
RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements.
(3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:
(I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Short answers:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

But don't take my word for it, you should read the law for yourself. Go to handgun law and read it yourself.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most of what is on the RMGO site is very good stuff. I am not near as political as that site, but somebody has to do it. I am a life member and try to stay informed. :wink:

Always willing to learn, though....................... Hence the training I suggested.

I am a multiple class alumni of Colorado Shooting Sports. It is good stuff. :image035: The mindset that he teaches is awesome. Tactics are a big part of his instructions. If you contact Anthony, tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have taken 2 classes here, but Greeley is about 8 hours away. I'm in the SW corner of the state. I'm looking into a school in Arizona. I need to go some where warm this winter. I will join RMGO.

Most of what is on the RMGO site is very good stuff. I am not near as political as that site, but somebody has to do it. I am a life member and try to stay informed. :wink:

Always willing to learn, though....................... Hence the training I suggested.

I am a multiple class alumni of Colorado Shooting Sports. It is good stuff. :image035: The mindset that he teaches is awesome. Tactics are a big part of his instructions. If you contact Anthony, tell him I sent you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts