Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a Cobra 9mm, and seems to think it is a very well built, worth the money gun, it is one he carries daily.

Just curious what others thought of this brand, iv never seen it discussed, which makes me think they cannot be to good.

Just debating weather to go for the 9mm or keep the Bersa .380 I have in layaway now.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Based on the reviews here www.e-gun.netl I would be reluctant. If they are the same manufactuter as Pheonix Arms, as one of the comments indicates, from personal experience with a Pheonix I would say pass.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
That particular model I believe was known to fly apart. A coworker has one of their derringers in .32 acp. I think I would stick with a proven value in the Bersa.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Works for me. I was just curious.

I should have known not to ask, while at the shop the other night, a guy came in and looked at one of the Cobra's and Hi Points, and one of the guys there told him he would be better to spend 50 less and get the Hi Point.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
They are junk cheap guns,I would not bet my life on one

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would pass on the Cobra.
I would maybe look into Charter Arms
for a good cheaper revolver. I have a Bersa
mine isnt reliable enough for me to bet my life on
but some are.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found their Patriot 45 in a shop for $300 new and got it for my dad for his birthday. He had to send it back because the feed ramp wasn't polished but after it came back it was good. He carries it sometimes but I don't think he has put more than a few hundred rounds through it. It looks designed for CCW. It even takes the 6 rd 1911 mags. I read reviews after I bought it and they said it was an okay gun.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I didn't send mine back to polish the feed ramp, but it did need a good polishing, nothing that my dremel and some high grit sandpaper couldn't take care of. It is my truck gun. I don't carry it on my person anymore, and I wouldn't be too heart broken if it got stolen. I think it makes a good truck/tacklebox gun.

I wouldn't buy anything other than the .45 Patriot either. Have heard nothing but bad things about the other calibers.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Cobra tends to buy defunct companies designs. Then put them out under their name.....They bought Davis designs and put them out. I wouldnt trust anything from them since I've fired a Davis, heck just got the thing working somewhat again recently for GP. Cobra is a hodgepodge, do a lot of research on the specific weapon first.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have handled two models of Cobras including the Patriot. I believe these are high quality pistols and would not hesitate to carry one if need be. I once sold firearms for a living and have handled and fired scores of pistols. My initial impressions on the Cobras were good even though I was never able to shoot them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts